Phoenix rider

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by fleeter, Feb 24, 2010.

1. fleeter

fleeter The Bearded Wonder

Hey there, new to the forum, and new to road cycling. I had a MTB a few years ago, but it got stoled.:( It was a KHS 504xc, and I have hated bike theives ever since!

So, after a break, I've decided to get into road biking and spent my tax return on a bike :D. I got the '09 windsor fens from BD, and so far, I love it!
    Don't have pictures of it yet, but it's nothing fancy... silver with shimano 105's.

Looking forward to meeting everybody and riding my bike into the ground!

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Great to have you, Fleeter!

Sounds like you could use one of these t-shirts.

"Missing!!!" - Funny, Bikes T-shirt by Julian Glander

Here's the story behind it, from ihateyoubikethief.com

I Hate You, Bike Thief!!!

Hey Internet, this is Charlie and Colleen. We work at Threadless. A few weeks ago, a ridiculously amazing design came across our computer machines. “Missing!!!” by Julian Glander not only made us all giggle like a bunch of stoners, it also inspired this here blog. Just admire it for a sec:

Julian based this tee shirt design on a real-life story. In his words: "'MISSING' started out as an actual flyer that I put up around my dorm when my bike was “stolen” earlier this year... Later, I found out it had been towed because I chained it to a fence with a "no bikes" sign on it. Whoops!"

3. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Welcome to the forum!!!! I am a firm believer in Karma.....and the A$$hole that stole your bike will get what he deserves. Glad you didn't give up on riding though.

4. fleeter

fleeter The Bearded Wonder

...YES... I will have to get one! LOL!