Photoshopped BP oil spill photos. Busted!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Industry_Hack, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I saw this on CNN this morning, and they provided a link to BP's flickr account showing photoshopped images of the helicopter and control center.

2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

There's no point in lying in the age of the internet. You'll get busted pretty quick.

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

After hearing stories from a commercial photographer friend, I can't blame BP 100% for trying to be deceitful. Give them the benefit of the doubt, and maybe 3% stupid.

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I can. It seems like BP has had a "so what" approach to all this. I hate big companies, I don't hide that, but considering this might end up being the worst thing to happen to environment, ever, it seems they might take it more seriously and accept the consequences. It's not like people are going to avoid BP stations, the apathetic consumer isn't affected enough to stop their normal habits. Lack of action by the consumer might establish a "this isn't that bad approach", but for those of us that aren't idiots, it seems like they should be trying a hell of a lot harder than what they are. I mean, you couldn't hire a guy to stand there, then take the pic? You had to photoshop them in? They think we are all idiots and they are making no attempt to hide that.

5. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

If they put as much REAL effort into their purpose (which is providing a product, not making a profit at the expense of all else) as they have in polishing the tarnish off their image, the Gulf would be nearly clean by now.

6. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

This is capitalism. It will generate more money if the cleanup takes longer. More money for the economy, at the expense of the planet. Awesome.