Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,007 Posts
I was hoping for a metric today yet thankful it wasn't to be. Still, this will make nice loop for future rides. From today's excursion.....

No, you're not intoxicated. I'm not sure why this happened. I saw something pretty and shot it on the fly like normal.
I thought you were doing LSD, as Mr. Newleaf describes in that other thread. :)

Again, just awesome scenery. Really makes me appreciate the flat, dried-out scrublands around here.

The barns are cool, but that rock outcropping is really powerful.

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,007 Posts
"It is by will alone I set my bicycle in motion. It is by the anticipation of movement that thoughts acquire motion, the legs acquire strength, the strength becomes speed. It is by will alone I set my bicycle in motion." - The Velocipede of Dune
-----------------------------------
Right. On. I bow, laughing.

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,007 Posts
From today’s ride between & including, two parks.

View attachment 33512
Rock wall on my left. Lake backwaters a hundred yards below on my right.
Showing more of this beautiful lake. The bridge I cross to return to my starting place is 30 feet to my right. The real climb starts about one mile from here. etc
Yeah, great pics of what look like an awesome place to ride.

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,007 Posts
When I lived in the frigid North, fat bikes didn't exist. Now I cannot imagine enduring the cold .... but those pics Almost make it seem worthwhile. I love the solitary mountain poling up in the gap between the trees.

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,007 Posts
The short loop near my home, which i ride way too much lately, has a bunch of vistas that i just cannot capture ... tree tunnels, streams which catch the light for a second or two ... lot so bland suburbia but just enough that when I can get my eyes up, I can see at least something in every ride.

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,007 Posts
I could ride those roads.
It’s 1.6 miles.
410 feet up
I don’t have the grade but some parts are pretty tough.

It’s a good climb. Not impossible. Not fast for me.
Eh .... no big deal. Lately I have been riding a 16-mile loop with 400+ feet of climbing. Takes over an hour. I am not fast either. :D

Not sure what ten times the climbing would look like.

I could ride those roads .... but if I started today I might still be working at it come spring.

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,007 Posts
How did a Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix end up looking like a cross between a wolf, a bat, and a German Shepherd?

I had to rethink scale when i realized your bent probably has 20-inch wheels, but still .... ease off the canine steroids. :D

Also thanks for shots of the MTB folder .... and the bent but the folder is rarer.

And ... when are you inviting us all out for a week's riding vacation? :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts