Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Waiting at the top of the hill...before getting thrashed on a 40 miler on Fridays ride.

Attachments

Reactions: ctrohnmain

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Better late than never and I may have posted this last year but now it has a home :D This was before the actual event.

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Some of the switchbacks on Lookout Mountain road. You can see several bike riders on it. It is a very popular "right of passage".

A pic of the bike path through City Center here in Englewood, CO.
Very very nice! I would like to try that one day, not quite sure I would have the legs or lungs for it but I would like to give it try one day!

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Awesome Pix Dos_

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
While this isn't a picture from my ride, it is my ride and what a fantastic ride it was. I was looking at the map and thinking about all the awesome sights we saw and can't wait to do it again next year! My hats off to a well organized, well stocked feed stations, ride marshals, SAG support, put on by the Virginia Capital Trail Foundation.

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
A few pics from my ride which was ended by a lack of light. I did manage a little hill work.
It was a stormy evening, but as it cleared I saw my chances to ride.
Dude, I LOVE that picture of the water!!! I mean they are all great but I just really like that one!

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Here is my first attempt to share a (very shakey) video of a fun down hill I rode earlier this month. I shot this by hand with a "Flip video" camera. I'm certain this didn't help the video any.

The next time I do this ride, I will attempt to use a pair of video glasses my Fr. In-Law gave me for Christmas.

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/a7135e37a40435c7a041a24a5921e382/video/145187291
lol, I watched and thought...man I'd hate to find the ditch with some of that rip rap piled up like that but it looks like an awesome place to ride!

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
I could do a little of this one day :D The Gloucester Crew team is one of the best if not the best Crew High School teams in Virginia.

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Not my Garmin but a friends....think he's loopy for riding in this but hey :D

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
I aspire to be that tough one day, but am far from there as-yet. Wow!
We rode 10 miles of MTB this morning and it hit 97* by 10ish. What normally takes an hour and 15 minutes or so took 2 hours this morning to stay hydrated. Funny thing, my shoulders were what were sore today...oh and I rode the pants off of a 20 something today so I had to slow down for him as well :D

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Did a 34 mile organized ride today to one of the beaches on the Gulf Coast. It was a very nice ride in the morning on the way to the beach but very hot in the afternoon when we left to return to the starting point. Here are some photos that I took at the beach.

This is something new that they have had around for a about two years now. It's a water powered jet pack that you can rent. It looks like a lot of fun, but bring a weeks pay with you if you want to ride it. I think the ride lasts 20 minutes.

There were some people parasailing as well. Some people bring their own but this one was rented from one of the vendors on the beach.

You'll have to excuse the grainy photos. I took them with my iPhone and used the zoom. It doesn't seem to take good photos when I use the zoom.
They did the Jett pack thing on the today show a while back, crazy shtuff !

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
After all that, I was in the middle of nowhere 30 miles south of buffalo on some power line trail and out of no where this guy pops up. His name was Otter he was from norway. I spoke to him for about 30 minutes. He is the yoda of cycling. although he seemed a bit off as well. lots of conspiracy theories and all. but well worth the time spent.
Odd....looks just like knee when I meet him last week!

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
1 - 20 of 266 Posts