Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
Todays ride around Page Springs and up 89A toward Sedona. I did not get any in the cool valley on the creek as we were racing to beat a rain storm and the guys were trying to set personal best times on that section. But here is Headed toward Sedona before the sky got really dark and the rain and a headwind of death came in.

I will do that loop again this week and get some better pics of that pretty section.

Attachments

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
That looks like a beautiful place to ride this time of year. Not sure I'd care to ride it in July:) I did have to use google maps to see where it was. Locks like a very nice corridor between Flagstaff and Phoenix!
July and more so August can be disgustingly hot. Rides will be in the early morning hours.

Oddly I awoke to at least two inches of snow! I will get snaps on my lunch delivery rides, I think that will be my only riding today :hate::rolleyes:

This area between Flagstaff and Phoenix is amazing. Much cooler than Phoenix and the mountainbiking in the Sedona area is as good as anyplace in Europe on par with Wales and Leogang Austria.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
Some snaps from my ride today.
16.9 miles and 2,201 ft climb (according to Strava) I finally got a device to work :D

Pic
1 Old Town Cottonwood before heading to Clarkdale then up 89A to Jerome
2 Where I stopped in Jerome, the snow made me decide maybe too icy to go further
3 View of Verde Valley and Sedona Red Rocks in distance from Jerome AZ
4 Look back into town of Jerome before I began a cold fast trip back down...

Attachments

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
Some snaps from around Sedona on todays group ride... I have ridden some famous routes in France but Sedona Arizona is a special place, good riding and some views I do not think are find many other places.

Attachments

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
glad you enjoyed the pics
you are related to the WWI ace Nungesser?
That is really cool, if you ever do get to France visit Annecy and any of the small towns in the French Alps.
Annecy is bellow with cloud covered Alps in the distance a great climb, Le Tour has been there a time or three..

Attachments

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
ironlungs, you will be famous in France! We are taught about Charles Nungesser in school. Pretty big hero.

Rola, great way to describe Annecy. The water that runs through the town is fresh and moving more than Venice. This keeps it clean and therefore there is not the smell Venice has. Lake Annecy is beautiful and the mountain passes amazing.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
Rola, that is awesome and looks like an insane mtb climb.

I am on the MTB all day today also! will try to get some pics

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts

Recent MTB group ride

Exiting Jerome AZ on a mountain climb.

Cool Sedona sky that looks painted.

Freeriding Sedona from a few weeks back. Places my bike takes me :D

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
I took the photo and am not in it. That is a girlfriend of one of the guys on the ride. She is taller than me and for sure older though in that pic it is hard to tell.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
It is actually a giant dragon fly weather gauge/wind thing. It is on the pole but in the pic it looks like a real dragon fly, totally an accident unplanned.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts