Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 525 Posts

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,759 Posts
Cherry Creek South trail, Franktown, CO

I'm really loving this thread. Keep up the good work! Here's a view South, near the current end of the Cherry Creek South trail in Franktown, CO.

Attachments

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,759 Posts
Cherry Creek South in CO

I'm loving all the pics - hard to respond individually, but I'm really enjoying them. Here are a few of mine, all showcasing the Cherry Creek South Front Range trail and associated off-shoots. The trail network around here (SE Denver suburbs, CO) is just wonderful. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,759 Posts
Here are a few from today.

A little reservoir I like to ride around.

Bridge is Cherry Creek South trail, which continues to the North (left if you just came over the bridge). Also, of course, to the South. Approaching camera is the Sulphur Gulch trail. Both in Parker, CO. Unlike most of the Cherry Creek portion of the trail, the Sulphur Gulch portion involves some decent if still low-key climbing.

This guy crossed the road and trail about 30ft ahead of me and jumped a low fence to feast in someone's back yard.

A few hundred yards down the trail from the deer. This is the Pinery Loop, accessible off the South Cherry Creek trail.

Attachments

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,759 Posts
The light was great today; maybe to make up for the wind :) Facing the end of a gravel road/hardpack section of the Cherry Creek South trail which connects two paved sections.

Attachments

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,759 Posts
Dos_Ruedas said:
Newleaf,
I bet the wildlife is abundant on that trail.
It looks like it goes forever.
There is a lot of wildlife to see at the right times of day. I've seen coyotes, deer, innumerable birds and plenty of snakes. The trail section pictured is actually less than 1 mile (doesn't look it in the pic!) before it hangs a left and reverts to pavement. The best part is it just keeps getting prettier as we move into summer!

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,759 Posts
Here's a section of the Cherry Creek North trail where the trail is being built out. The hardpack trail pictured is for heavy machinery - the public paved trail is just out of frame to the right. It continues a few miles further to the North where you have to hit the streets for a few miles before the trail system resumes. This section looks like it'll be beautiful when it's done.

Attachments

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,759 Posts
Great ride from the Parker area through Cherry Creek State Park and on to Aurora, CO. 51+ miles, magnificent day - high 70s and some 80s.

Attachments

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,759 Posts
Dos,

Neat shot of some nice looking greenhouses! Glad you didn't get dumped on by th rain. Any idea what they've got growing in there? Thanks for posting the pic.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,759 Posts
Xela,

WOW! That ride sounds like a great test of fitness, or a good way to see the inside of a hospital, especially with the wind. Yikes! Congrats on making it through! I feel lazy, now.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,759 Posts
Trail that runs along the C-470 just to the West of the 470/I-25 interchange in CO.
Sky Plant Mountain Tree Highland

Along the E-470 (toll portion - changes from toll to free at the I25 interchange), facing East.
Plant Plant community Sky Natural landscape Natural environment

Attachments

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,759 Posts
I was hoping for a 40 mile ride today. However shortly after leaving, this aggressive thunderstorm blew in. I was lucky to make shelter before the storm!

In this case, it is my opinion that riding in the rain (read-thunderstorm) is not a wise thing to do. ;)

I guess nine miles will have to do for today.
Riding in the rain is one thing. Cycling on a mobile lightning rod is another. One is cool, the other suicidal. Good looking out to know the difference :)

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,759 Posts
Some 'Summer Snow' - cottonwood tree seeds floating on the breeze.
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree

More 'snow' over the trail. It's much more beautiful than the pics can really capture. They can be a pain in other ways. LOL.
Plant Sky Cloud Natural landscape Tree

Preservation Trail, a little spur off the end of the Cherry Creek South trail. My hope is that it will grow :)
Sky Cloud Plant Tree Natural landscape

Now approaching 800 miles. Love this bike.
Bicycle Plant Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

Attachments

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,759 Posts
Here are several days' worth of shots...

Threatening skies, but I made it through dry :)
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Grass

A rattler I ran across. I was happy to leave him in peace, as he left me :)
Plant Sky Cloud Tree Natural landscape

Pike's Peak, from approx. 70mi away as the crow flies.
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree

Cow in the water. It really looks much prettier than it is...
Water Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape

Fortunately, the stuff on the left was behind me...along with the tailwind!
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Daytime Nature

The mix of city and country around here is fascinating.
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Cumulus

Attachments

1 - 20 of 525 Posts