Two Spoke Forums banner

3741 - 3760 of 3782 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
Beautiful ride yesterday north of Greers Ferry Lake. 2 hard climbs but gorgeous. We were hammering it so never really had a chance to snap pics with exception of one downhill section and our turnaround spot.

IMG_0782.jpg

Store stop

IMG_0778.jpg

Interesting small town library in Fox, AR

IMG_0779.jpg

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Solo, hilly, rollers, and way..."breezy" ride today. I drove a fair piece to go ride this and found a City Centre Park to park and change at. Walking to the public ( and I must say excellently maintained restrooms - VERY clean which I was happy to see) I see this sign and could not help but laugh out loud ! I thought...maybe in Nebraska but here??
IMG_2101.jpg

The Great Wicomico River as the sun rises.
IMG_2094.jpg

Rode down into Reedville and in an odd S.E. Virginian way it reminded me of Bar Harbor Maine. Very small, very busy, very neat and clean. This was at the very end and looks to have fallen victim to the times sadly.
IMG_2096.jpg

I don't see many of these anymore. Old Fire look out station. This one is no longer in use as noticed by the stairs being in serious disrepair.
IMG_2098.jpg

And the preverbal town water tower :D
IMG_2093.jpg

Stoopwafels are the BEST on a ride like this. These were honey filled, mmmmm :D
IMG_2097.jpg

Tons of history in this area.
IMG_2099.jpg

And of course, pre and post shots of her majesty :D
IMG_2092.jpg
IMG_2100.jpg

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Good luck. I didn’t realize your crew was quite that big for this ride. Expect to see some quality road snaps

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
On our way. Tupelo here we come for Day 1.
Did you guys start from the beach? Our cross state ride (C2C) starts at Ormond Beach (just north of Daytona) and goes to Fred Howard Beach in Tarpon Springs. We start by having everyone line up on the beach for a photo shoot with our rear wheels in the water. We end by lining up for a photo shoot lined up with the front wheels in the water. Our group is about the size of yours. Makes for a really nice multi day ride.

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
Did you guys start from the beach? Our cross state ride (C2C) starts at Ormond Beach (just north of Daytona) and goes to Fred Howard Beach in Tarpon Springs. We start by having everyone line up on the beach for a photo shoot with our rear wheels in the water. We end by lining up for a photo shoot lined up with the front wheels in the water. Our group is about the size of yours. Makes for a really nice multi day ride.
No. Without my readers I can’t see anything. That was a prior year fundraising pic I had on my phone. We will hit the beach hopefully on Wednesday afternoon.

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
Rolling out from Tuscaloosa this morning

IMG_0901.jpg

So on all the sprint sections on our 5 day ride the winner is awarded this and gets to keep it until they are dethroned. I managed to stay with the lead group for the big sprint today but was cool to watch the CAT1 guys really start to go off the front and attack. Like a front row seat but being able to stay in the draft. Getting sucked along at 30-32 at times is pretty amazing. Much different perspective to a sprint. Pic below was after that 18 mile hot spot.

IMG_0904.jpg

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
That's definitely very cool even more so since you were out front pulling them all :D

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Cool video from our ride into okaloosa island. Shot from a drone.

Isn't it a great feeling when you get to the end of the ride like that? We end our C2C at Fred Howard Park, in Tarpon Springs. There is a causeway that we have to come over to get to the beach. While your ride was longer than ours, it was still neat watching the people on the beach and hearing their reactions when they find out we just road in from Daytona Beach.

C2C 2015 78.jpg

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Reactions: fpl1

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
Isn't it a great feeling when you get to the end of the ride like that? We end our C2C at Fred Howard Park, in Tarpon Springs. There is a causeway that we have to come over to get to the beach. While your ride was longer than ours, it was still neat watching the people on the beach and hearing their reactions when they find out we just road in from Daytona Beach.

View attachment 49090
Yes it is. So cool all the little towns we went through and all the folks who would honk, cheer, or video us. Guess everyone gets the pink jerseys and they really show us some love. Really awesome crowds along 30A. Sort of a taste of what the pros experience. You definitely don’t feel the legs on that final 10 miles

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
We get a lot of waves and cheers from people on the street and many sit in their yard, by the road, and wave and cheer for us. Unfortunately, the honks are from pissed off drivers. Unlike your group that traveled together, ours is divided into 5 groups, according to riding ability. Each group could have 10 or so riders and we are spaced a few minutes apart. So drivers having 5 groups to deal with, makes for some unhappy drivers. But that's their problem.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
From today’s ride on a road I’ve stayed off for nearly 3 years due to dogs.
I scouted it this morning in a vehicle and all looked good.
During the ride, i saw only one loose dog.
The only animal giving chase, oddly enough, was small whitetail buck. It was standing in a field about 200 yards from the road. As i got closer, it started running right at me. When i passed, it was about 50 yards away and coming strong. It turned and ran through the field alongside the road about 30 yards behind me. Finally giving up, it stopped after running easily a quarter mile or more. (No pics)
FA628A85-F8B5-4377-A6D3-95E35A738E5C.jpg

IMG_8761.jpg

CC246C0D-6FE7-45DE-9339-8E45FE3E24C8.jpg

AE78BAEA-844D-4C0F-A663-FFE5647F3FB3.jpg

3741 - 3760 of 3782 Posts