Two Spoke Forums banner
3821 - 3840 of 3849 Posts

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,366 Posts
A few more, same metric century.

I believe these are double crested cormorants. They catch fish by swimming after them under water. Upon surfacing they are unable to fly again until they dry out their flight feathers, hence the wide open wings.

Note the terrible traffic on the adjacent Interstate. I was happy to be on my bike.

Chip, splooting happily in the shade trailside after completing his 4.5mi run. Note the collapsible water dish. It comes out at every stop, whether needed or not.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,366 Posts
Congratulations, Chip, for dragging Mr. Newleaf to such a great distance so soon after his recovery.
Thank you! Chip is a generous little trooper :cool:. I dearly enjoy rolling with him. Mrs. Newleaf pointed out that yesterday was just over three months since my last surgery, a month and a half since I was cleared to return to the saddle. It feels like it's been longer - in a great way.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,623 Posts
IMG_1625126733.393277.jpg

a rainy morning ride made me smile at the beauty of this whole journey we call life. like a set of wheels moving forward is preferred to attempting to stay still

Home!

missing dry weather but feel like a child who has waited up until sleep wins over willpower. then sun soaked sheets through frosted window pain reveal morning. with a pattering of bare feet on familiar floor from bedroom to a room with a tree. revealing that even with the triumph of sleep over might, you may have missed his coming and go but Santa did come. neatly wrapped packages and empty cookie plate confirm. going home only differs in that there is no illusion created by loving parents. no, the place i grew up is all real. time and well polished memories (the kind that shine because you have played them over so many times even though handling with care you have polished them to reflect near all there is) confirm rolling green countryside at the base of a mountain is home.

i was sad leaving living so near my parents but i have only felt home one place in the world. opening up a small bicycle repair shop in the very space that the one was during my childhood is bold and most likely foolish. it nevertheless is what my future holds.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,984 Posts
That weather is what I hope for at times to purposely ride in...........I see or hear no foolishness at all in what you want for your future. Your stories move one as do our simple machines.............

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,366 Posts
View attachment 52979

a rainy morning ride made me smile at the beauty of this whole journey we call life. like a set of wheels moving forward is preferred to attempting to stay still

Home!

missing dry weather but feel like a child who has waited up until sleep wins over willpower. then sun soaked sheets through frosted window pain reveal morning. with a pattering of bare feet on familiar floor from bedroom to a room with a tree. revealing that even with the triumph of sleep over might, you may have missed his coming and go but Santa did come. neatly wrapped packages and empty cookie plate confirm. going home only differs in that there is no illusion created by loving parents. no, the place i grew up is all real. time and well polished memories (the kind that shine because you have played them over so many times even though handling with care you have polished them to reflect near all there is) confirm rolling green countryside at the base of a mountain is home.

i was sad leaving living so near my parents but i have only felt home one place in the world. opening up a small bicycle repair shop in the very space that the one was during my childhood is bold and most likely foolish. it nevertheless is what my future holds.
Go, girl! May you find success in following your heart and doing what is right for you.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,984 Posts
I see the lights to be seen with......where's the light to see with? I love riding at night, whole different animal. I am concerned about starting fire with my lights if i use more than one, lol....brighter than my car lights ftw. Strobe setting makes people have seizures. I cannot be unseen.........

3821 - 3840 of 3849 Posts