Two Spoke Forums banner
3841 - 3860 of 3864 Posts

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
@!12ride - no night riding (on purpose) on the road bike.
I have old….. very old lights on the MTB. Sadly, they’re no longer bright enough for trail riding. I use them for occasional, incognito patrols through the campground at night. 🥸

@newleaf
Thank you. If kinda feels good to be out again. My suit bones are NOT happy and i don’t get that “high” like normal.
I’m sure everything will fall into place after i put a couple hundred miles behind me.

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
From today’s ride with some great friends that took me to a “flat” place to ride and take it easy, so i can start getting my legs back. It was beautiful. Mountains. River. Farms and very few vehicles.
I grew up in this general area but had never seen most of what we rode. Rola, this is where your state kisses my state goodbye (or hello, depending on direction of travel ). Lots and lots of good road bike riding here.

Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Plant Bicycle helmet

Bicycle Wheel Plant Sky Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Land vehicle Tire

Plant Cloud Sky Tree Natural landscape

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Land vehicle

·
Two skinny J's
21,592 Posts
From today’s ride with some great friends that took me to a “flat” place to ride and take it easy, so i can start getting my legs back. It was beautiful. Mountains. River. Farms and very few vehicles.
I grew up in this general area but had never seen most of what we rode. Rola, this is where your state kisses my state goodbye (or hello, depending on direction of travel
). Lots and lots of good road bike riding here.

View attachment 53082

View attachment 53083

View attachment 53084

View attachment 53085

View attachment 53086
I grew up in this general area but had never seen most of what we rode. Rola, this is where your state kisses my state goodbye (or hello, depending on direction of travel ). Lots and lots of good road bike riding here.

View attachment 53082

View attachment 53083

View attachment 53084

View attachment 53085

View attachment 53086
A certain song Willie Nelson sings is rolling through my head. Glad to see you "On the road again" !:D

·
Two skinny J's
21,592 Posts
Thanks rola.
Now if work and life would let up a little bit, I’d have time to start adding up the miles and getting back into decent shape again.
Good luck with that! Seems every time I find 10 minutes...yea something else pops up :D

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,025 Posts
Thays trayullz in them thar hills! All that gravity just sittin there waitin to be had.....

Reactions: maelochs

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,459 Posts
Looks peaceful
It is that! I'd ride this route a lot more save for the fact that dogs aren't allowed because of the big horns. The steep canyon walls and winding road combine with the chuckle and rush of the river to make for good times in the saddle about any time of year.

Thays trayullz in them thar hills! All that gravity just sittin there waitin to be had.....
There are indeed! This road marks the start of the CO trail, which runs all the way South to the border with NM. Things get steep and technical where the road turns to singletrack. Dogs are allowed up there, but the required detour around the canyon makes it problematic for me to set out from home on the bike. Ahh, CO problems ;).

3841 - 3860 of 3864 Posts