Two Spoke Forums banner
3901 - 3909 of 3909 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Been a good long while since I've done a night ride. Had an ABSOLUTE blast. Small group of 7 or 8 last night. Pretty cool night for these parts hovering around 35*

Ecoregion Natural landscape Road surface Wood Branch
Ecoregion Natural landscape Road surface Wood Branch
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Land vehicle
Bicycle Atmosphere Wheel Automotive lighting Street light
Bicycle helmet Plant Helmet Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tree
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Plant

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
^ miss night group rides. That looks like it was fun.
It was, we all had a great time and followed it up with a couple of quick brews afterwards.

Loves me some night time singletrack......in areas without bears or mountain lions. same ride at night completely different than day.
100%, I could probably ride this blind folded, metaphorically of course, but in the fall you become trail blind and lost quickly in the dark.

A good night is the best way to fin motivation when it's been lost too ::

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,597 Posts
One from today's ride. I really love the way the BOB Yak looks with the 'bent.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle
Behind an upright bike with 26" wheels, the BOB trailer rides nose high and looks a little odd. Behind the 'bent's 20" drive wheel, it levels right out. By way of comparison, my Burley Coho XC rides more or less flat behind 26" or 700c wheels but rides nose-down behind the 'bent. Indeed, the Burley's nose rides so low behind the 'bent that I could not negotiate some speed bumps and had to be careful about approaching curbs.

No such troubles with the Yak rolling behind the 'bent, and the flat floor seems to make for a more stable ride. I can throw bike and trailer through roundabouts and turns more easily with this one than I could with the Burley. It still worked, but less ably. Behind either of my upright bikes, the Burley and its flat floor reign supreme.

Note the Mucky Nutz mud guard on the trailer's towing yoke. It is intended to keep debris out of Chip's face and seems to work well. Also prevents the yoke from spinning 180* to stow inside the trailer's load area for storage or transportation.

3901 - 3909 of 3909 Posts