Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a Planet Bike Superflash for my Giant. Will I regret it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Planet Bike Superflash is fantastic. I never go anywhere without mine. If I'm riding my myself on the road, I even use it in the daytime. Two AAA batteries will last 100 hours. I use rechargeable batteries and they work great in the superflash. There are two models, both with the same electronics. The only difference is the color. You'll have to see what looks best on your bike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys :]

·
Eocyclist
742 Posts
+1 on the SuperFlash. You wil not regret getting it.

A nice thing about the SuperFlash is that it's visible over a wide range of viewing angles. It shows up well even if it's not pointed directly at the observer.

Actually, I use both of those lights ... the Planet Bike SuperFlash and the Cateye TL-LD1000 (That's an older version of chibibike's LD1100)

The SuperFlash is always with me if there's any chance of being caught out after dusk.

When I know that I'll be riding in the dark, or on a long trip where there is a chance of getting caught on rural roads after dark, I take both lights. The Cateye goes on a solid rack mount so it's pointing straight back all the time. It's set with 1 row of lights always on and 1 row of lights blinking.

The SuperFlash goes on a strap attached to the trunk bag or the panniers and is set to blink.

Both lights run on AAA batteries. Spares are easy to carry or find at a convenience store should you be out longer than expected.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesomness! : D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wait'n for it to come in the mail. Anyday now. =]

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
I know I'm late to the party but you'll be sad in a month or two when the superflash turbo (1W instead of 1/2W) comes out.

The Radbot1000 can be had for about the same coin as a superflash and it is comparatively brighter.

Nothing wrong with the PBSF though, I've got one on my fixed gear and I've yet to be hit while riding it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use a planet bike superflash tail light for my bike. I accidentally left it in my jacket pocket when it went through the wash and it still survived! Both washer and drier. I think you should go with the planet pike superflash. Its very good quality.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts