Planet Bike

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by ReCYCLE, Mar 12, 2011.

1. ReCYCLE

ReCYCLE New Member

I'm about to buy a Planet Bike Superflash for my Giant. Will I regret it?

2. chibibike

chibibike Banned

looks like a good light to have. I have a cateye TL-LD1100 taillight. I think it's the best.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011

3. ThinkBike

ThinkBike New Member

The Planet Bike Superflash is fantastic. I never go anywhere without mine. If I'm riding my myself on the road, I even use it in the daytime. Two AAA batteries will last 100 hours. I use rechargeable batteries and they work great in the superflash. There are two models, both with the same electronics. The only difference is the color. You'll have to see what looks best on your bike.

4. ReCYCLE

ReCYCLE New Member

Thank you guys :]

5. LarryM

LarryM Eocyclist

+1 on the SuperFlash. You wil not regret getting it.

A nice thing about the SuperFlash is that it's visible over a wide range of viewing angles. It shows up well even if it's not pointed directly at the observer.

Actually, I use both of those lights ... the Planet Bike SuperFlash and the Cateye TL-LD1000 (That's an older version of chibibike's LD1100)

The SuperFlash is always with me if there's any chance of being caught out after dusk.

When I know that I'll be riding in the dark, or on a long trip where there is a chance of getting caught on rural roads after dark, I take both lights. The Cateye goes on a solid rack mount so it's pointing straight back all the time. It's set with 1 row of lights always on and 1 row of lights blinking.

The SuperFlash goes on a strap attached to the trunk bag or the panniers and is set to blink.

Both lights run on AAA batteries. Spares are easy to carry or find at a convenience store should you be out longer than expected.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  6. dpeters11

dpeters11 New Member

The Superflash is great, plus PlanetBike is a cool company, 25% of their profit goes to bike advocacy.

7. ReCYCLE

ReCYCLE New Member

Awesomness! : D

8. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Did you get it yet?

9. ReCYCLE

ReCYCLE New Member

Wait'n for it to come in the mail. Anyday now. =]

10. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

I know I'm late to the party but you'll be sad in a month or two when the superflash turbo (1W instead of 1/2W) comes out.

The Radbot1000 can be had for about the same coin as a superflash and it is comparatively brighter.

Nothing wrong with the PBSF though, I've got one on my fixed gear and I've yet to be hit while riding it.

11. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

12. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

[​IMG]

13. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Hey, you look good in stripes.

14. schwinnman

schwinnman New Member

I use a planet bike superflash tail light for my bike. I accidentally left it in my jacket pocket when it went through the wash and it still survived! Both washer and drier. I think you should go with the planet pike superflash. Its very good quality.