Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this was a thread would it become to shitty and obnoxious ?

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Probably. In today’s arena, most people tend to think with their political party hats on and totally disregard their critical thinking and common sense hats.

Reactions: rola643

·
Two skinny J's
21,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea... I started to posts a few memes and pulled back...we get everyday from the news media biased reporting from BOTH sides.​

Reactions: John_V

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
The biggest problem I run into when trying to talk politics is that most people want to talk with their political party hat on. That just turn into a dead end. The only, and few, decent political conversations I’ve had was with people willing to put on their critical thinking or common sense hat, if they have one.

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
You are right about that John. Kinda hard these days to even have a civil discussion. I think that makes it even worse as time goes on because everyone just gravitates towards people who totally agree with them. I have my strong opinions but will at least listen to others and assume they believe what they believe for solid reasons - of course until proven otherwise

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,562 Posts
Now days I treat my politics like I treat my penis; I never assume mine is the best in the world, I don’t take it out in public and I don’t wave it around in others faces.

·
Two skinny J's
21,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now days I treat my politics like I treat my penis; I never assume mine is the best in the world, I don’t take it out in public and I don’t wave it around in others faces.
Well...there is that :D Talk about a flash appearance, a blast from the past, etc.

Reactions: John_V

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,562 Posts
Great to see you sir. I landed here because I did a Google search for my bike Raleigh Clubman and one of the results was my post here showing the Clubman off when I first got it...in 2010. LOL! Figured I’d stick my ugly head in and see what’s what.

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
Two skinny J's
21,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great to see you sir. I landed here because I did a Google search for my bike Raleigh Clubman and one of the results was my post here showing the Clubman off when I first got it...in 2010. LOL! Figured I’d stick my ugly head in and see what’s what.
Seems I remember you having twin girls and...well that was pretty much when you stopped dropping in :D

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,562 Posts
Yeah had twin boys and haven’t had time for almost anything since. I am excited to be making some changes to the bike and got a full set of ortlieb bags and going to do some touring weekends. How’s things been with you?

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
tall old member
1,316 Posts
Yeah had twin boys and haven’t had time for almost anything since. I am excited to be making some changes to the bike and got a full set of ortlieb bags and going to do some touring weekends. How’s things been with you?
Twin boys are awesome. My son has four daughters and a set of four year old twin sons. If I could capture the energy of my grandkids I could steal Amanda’s world records. How old are your twins?

I just noticed you are a Hospice caregiver. Bless you. Hospice caregivers are the best. I just lost my wife of 45 years to cancer after being on hospice care for 15 months. We had a hospice aide Monday - Friday for about an hour and a half a day to help my bathe my wife and care for her. A hospice nurse twice a week for a short visit to check her health. I don’t think I could have done it on my own.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,562 Posts
They are 8. I’m 51. They will either keep me young or kill me. Haha!

Reactions: longjohn

·
Mom's Taxi
4,637 Posts
Twin boys are awesome. My son has four daughters and a set of four year old twin sons. If I could capture the energy of my grandkids I could steal Amanda’s world records. How old are your twins?

I just noticed you are a Hospice caregiver. Bless you. Hospice caregivers are the best. I just lost my wife of 45 years to cancer after being on hospice care for 15 months. We had a hospice aide Monday - Friday for about an hour and a half a day to help my bathe my wife and care for her. A hospice nurse twice a week for a short visit to check her health. I don’t think I could have done it on my own.
My condolences.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,562 Posts
I worked at the bedside for 5 1/2 years before transitioning to Education and they were the most important years of my life. I have my two sons because of one single visit I did with a family. It sounds like you had a great not-for profit hospice there to support you. I’m so glad you had them. That time between referral and death is one of the hardest times but at the same time the most intense and beautiful time. You never love harder.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts