1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, Here you go folks.

I THINK:
1. Obama stinks, the hold Democratic Party Stinks
2. I’m Methodist all the other religions stink.
3. I am/had voted the Tea Party Ticket and I did contact each candidate and ask them questions. Only a few Republicans answered. I asked where they stood on Immigration!
4. If the “Sex Party” wins in Australia I am going to re-retire there and live the rest of my life as a “VERY DIRTY OLD MAN”.
5. PS: I’ll take my bikes with me!

·
speedfan
53 Posts
Australia

If I could convince my wife, I would be in Costa Rica. I am tired of both parties, I am a conservative. Obama is a total joke, and a dangerous man. I like the Tea Party methods, pick and back a person who will carry on true conservative values.
That Australia thing does not sound too bad, I too would take my bikes: 2006 Trek Madone 5.2, Newly built single using a Masi steel frame, and my Fuji Tahoe Pro 29er.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
The Tea Party is a bowl of granola -- fruits, nuts, and flakes.

99.9999% of the world's population is corrupt in some fashion -- and I won't categorize myself, either, as either corrupt or altruistic -- and modern civilization is rocketing toward a catastrophic meltdown.

If it weren't for my fervent belief in the Creator, I'd be at the center of an as-yet-unsolved murder spree, taking out every nutball that pi$$ed me off... and there are a LOT!

IMO, all religions stink; religion is man's attempts to reach the Creator; they all fail.

Too much of everyday life makes no sense; psychics are frauds, because they never win the lottery. Politicians are frauds, because they can only tell the truth under duress. Doctors are frauds, because they believe everything that happens can be fixed with a chemical concoction, which makes them drug dealers. Lawyers are frauds, because they tell us that the CHASM between what's right and what's legal is of no consequence.

The insurance industry is a fraud, because all you're doing is gambling against yourself; trouble is, even when you win, you lose.

I need to play the lottery, so I can retire and buy an island.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CTD, Remember: No Man is an Island

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,507 Posts
This short clip pretty much sums up how I feel about politics in America.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGlVhss6Gr4&feature=related]YouTube - Lewis Black Republicans and Democrats[/ame]

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
The Tea Party is a bowl of granola -- fruits, nuts, and flakes.

99.9999% of the world's population is corrupt in some fashion -- and I won't categorize myself, either, as either corrupt or altruistic -- and modern civilization is rocketing toward a catastrophic meltdown.

If it weren't for my fervent belief in the Creator, I'd be at the center of an as-yet-unsolved murder spree, taking out every nutball that pi$$ed me off... and there are a LOT!

IMO, all religions stink; religion is man's attempts to reach the Creator; they all fail.

Too much of everyday life makes no sense; psychics are frauds, because they never win the lottery. Politicians are frauds, because they can only tell the truth under duress. Doctors are frauds, because they believe everything that happens can be fixed with a chemical concoction, which makes them drug dealers. Lawyers are frauds, because they tell us that the CHASM between what's right and what's legal is of no consequence.

The insurance industry is a fraud, because all you're doing is gambling against yourself; trouble is, even when you win, you lose.

I need to play the lottery, so I can retire and buy an island.
This post would be hilarious if it weren't chock full of truth.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,507 Posts
Oh boy politics AND religion in one thread! I don't think it is religions, per say, but how we humans practice them that makes the difference. At the core of most world religions are the simple truths known as Natural Law. How we relate to and treat the Creator, our fellow man as well as ourselves is the core. Very simple stuff when we strip away the dogma. This is the steak and the religious traditions are the sizzle.

This is all IMHO, of course.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
CTD, Remember: No Man is an Island
Burr, remember -- I want to BUY one, not BECOME one.

Can't think of a better way to have my own network of MTB trails, AND control who my neighbor(s) would be.

Low smog -- good for the kids' lungs; plenty of room for a huuuge garden -- organic foods!

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See, See, I start the tread and you all are already on my butt

·
Older than Hack
147 Posts
Obama is a ...dangerous man.
See, this is what I don't understand. So many people think Bush was some kind of great man. THAT man was dangerous. He got us involved in a preemptive war in Iraq over weapons of mass destruction that weren't there. He is responsible for the deaths of more Americans (over 4400 U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq) than the 9/11 hijackers (less than 3,000). Then he ruined the economy before handing off to Obama. Anything that Obama does economically is the direct result of the corporate pandering of the Bush administration.

·
gnar! gnar! gnar!
179 Posts
See, this is what I don't understand. So many people think Bush was some kind of great man. THAT man was dangerous. He got us involved in a preemptive war in Iraq over weapons of mass destruction that weren't there. He is responsible for the deaths of more Americans (over 4400 U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq) than the 9/11 hijackers (less than 3,000). Then he ruined the economy before handing off to Obama. Anything that Obama does economically is the direct result of the corporate pandering of the Bush administration.
Thank you!

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,507 Posts
No one likes the smell of someone else's farts but relish their own.

Democrat = Republican
Republican = Democrat

8)

·
Registered
567 Posts
I could care less what side of the fence a person is on.

Funny is Funny!:D:thumbsup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YTnDPECP2I&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_stronger_r2-2r-2-HM]YouTube - Republican v. Democrat women_5_26_2010.mp4[/ame]

·
Registered
567 Posts
flanderscycling...

I find your response quite refreshing and open minded. Something you hardly see in reference to anything political. Going on the defensive seems to be the norm.
I would say most of these women types (Repubs), most likely came outta shows like: Hannity, O'Rielly, where looking half way decent is kinda a plus.:rolleyes:

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
All your god and all your politics are wrong.

The current economic issue has us all to blame. Why? Anyone here have debt? Why? You're not supposed to have a nice car and a mortgage at 30. You are supposed to be earning the money to buy those things later. The reality is the "Me" generation messed it up for everyone. I blame industrialization. They industrialized credit, which I mean if you're lending some one money, you should know them, but what they did was in their greed over lent to people who couldn't pay. Then instead of calling off the debt, they go to the government and get bailed out. I understand it was to spread out the economic despair, but our society is crap anyhow. We are all going to pay a 30% mark up on everything we ever buy, forcing us to work past retirement and retain jobs that the new work force should be in, but because they aren't, they are living on credit, trying to catch up. Redundant? You betcha.

Money is like a **** sandwich, the more bread you have, the thinner you can spread it, but you are still eating ****.

But I digress, onto taking on your issues. Remember I like you all.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts