Popping noise?

Discussion in 'Training / Health' started by Cycle, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Cycle

Cycle Guest

The past few days my ankles have been popping as I pedal. There's no special circumstance and nothing that makes it louder but it's pretty scary. This ever happen to anybody here?

2. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

Well I'm not a doctor and don't play one on tv. First thing I would check is bike fit. If you are clipped in are the cleats possibly an issue? Is there any pain?? If so Id be on the phone to a doctor. Do they pop when you are off the bike doing other things? Is there a particular part of the stroke where they pop consistently?

To ease your mind, I'd suggest just making a call anyway to the doctor. Sometimes its better to ask than to keep it up and wish you hadn't

3. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

I agree. You don't want to mess around with your ankles. Even if there is no pain, something could be going on that you want to address.

4. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

How old are you? I'm 44 and my joints sound like a bowl of rice krispies.

I did a little research recently because I was experiencing some popping in my right shoulder after lifting weights. From what I've read, as long as the noise is not accompanied by any pain, it's kinda normal.

I'm no doc, so take what I post with a grain of salt.