Post a photo you have taken.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by frenchie, May 5, 2009.

1. Buffalo-jon

Buffalo-jon Well-Known Member Tavern Member

Thanks! In order for them to lower the truck they had to cut out the bed of the truck and put the axle and the gas tank in the bed area. The center piece of the tongue and groove slides forward and reveals the gas cap. I’ll have to get a photo of that before they sell it.

John_V and Dos_Ruedas like this.
  2. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

That looks pretty sweet for sure, Is that made with 5/4 decking? I would think the wood would be very heavy for that kind of thing.p

John_V likes this.

3. Buffalo-jon

Buffalo-jon Well-Known Member Tavern Member

image.jpg The majority of what you see is 3/4 tongue and groove pine, and yes I had to custom t&g a few pieces to get a good fit. Pressure treated would definitely add some weight. The center piece where the logo fit is a piece of barn wood, hemlock I believe. I scroll saw each piece out, sand off the patina, finish with whatever color/ sheen I’m looking for, and reassemble. All of that is attached to a 1/2” piece of plywood underneath, that helps with keeping the entire thing from warping. It is fairly heavy but it is sitting on a piece of welded angle iron. The gloss you see is a two part epoxy that is brushed on instead of flooded. You can see in the pelican especially in the knot in his wing that it is all the same wood to start. The Chevy logo is done the same way. I’m not trying to use this for sales but if you want to see more....... outofthewoodbyjon.com

is my website

4. rola643

I'd LOVE to have that skill set! Gonna check your website out tonight.

John_V likes this.
  5. rola643

Not my boat but a re power Almost 12 gallons an hour at 35 mph. Can you imagine a twin 300 fuel consumption rate? I see TONS of those on the water
    IMG_1257.jpg

John_V likes this.
  6. rola643

Finished some outside work and moma snapped this as we came in for the evening.
    IMG_1259.jpg

7. Dos_Ruedas

Dos_Ruedas Well-Known Member

It looks like your grand daughter is holding the moon.

8. rola643

The view just never gets old and with a cool...er breeze and a beautiful sunset with storms coming this way.
    IMG_1269.jpg

fpl1, newleaf150, maelochs and 4 others like this.
  9. rola643

Light show, glad I’m not on call tonight

fpl1, maelochs, John_V and 1 other person like this.
  10. fpl1

fpl1 Well-Known Member Tavern Member

Not a cool as some of the sunsets on the water but it was an amazing one here tonight. My iPhone camera doesn’t do it justice.

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

11. Dos_Ruedas

One direction...
    IMG_6924.jpg

The exact opposite direction...
    IMG_6922.jpg

12. Dos_Ruedas

IMG_6939.jpg
    Out of the mountains social distancing.

John_V and MilesR like this.
  13. rola643

Dos_Ruedas and John_V like this.
  14. lectrichead

lectrichead Well-Known Member

Not a group ride but a group paddle, out to a local DEC free beach that can only be accessed by water. Really nice time. In the first pic that's my wife on the left, you can see one of our dogs in the back behind her and our other dog is in front.

This is our group shown in the pic but the river was so busy it was hard to navigate, never saw anything like it before.

And a few of the people from this group who I didn't know very well before, invited us to a weekly group ride so bonus.

20200628_141902.jpg 20200628_142500.jpg

Dos_Ruedas, John_V and rola643 like this.
  15. John_V

John_V Moderator Staff Member Mod Team Tavern Member

The last time the wife and I did a canoe ride was back in 1979 at one of our EMS picnics. They had a canoe race that my wife and I entered. There was definitely a lack of canoeing skills and communications on our part because as everyone was going straight, we somehow couldn't manage to keep from going in a large circle. :( It was fun, even though we never went anywhere. :D

Dos_Ruedas and MilesR like this.
  16. lectrichead

lectrichead Well-Known Member

We had a canoe for many years and paddled together, it took some time to get into a rhythm, and letting me steer from the back and her establishing the cadence from the front. Two person canoes and kayaks really show how people can work together, and sometimes not. We've seen people all over the place and never able to get into a rhythm with each other, zig zagging down the river.

But a few times we have seen a canoe with three people stuffed into it, rowing in perfect unison and moving along like a bat out of a hell (relatively to other human-powered boats).

John_V likes this.
  17. rola643