Two Spoke Forums banner

4821 - 4840 of 4858 Posts

·
1,809 Posts
I found a Garmin app called Race Notes, which allows any text to be added to a Garmin screen, and decided to do some power numbers, thinking it would handy for certain timed efforts on group rides for example. My brain is too addled to just memorize this stuff, but I may have to now since the Garmin switch broke recently, a year out of warranty. I wasn’t a fan of the touch screen, to be honest. Looking at Wahoo, which I recall John V liking.
A5B08DCF-E538-4A42-A9F7-39C27CB89C7F.jpeg

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
I found a Garmin app called Race Notes, which allows any text to be added to a Garmin screen, and decided to do some power numbers, thinking it would handy for certain timed efforts on group rides for example. My brain is too addled to just memorize this stuff, but I may have to now since the Garmin switch broke recently, a year out of warranty. I wasn’t a fan of the touch screen, to be honest. Looking at Wahoo, which I recall John V liking. View attachment 52060 View attachment 52060
App aside, HOLY WATT MONSTER!
Wahoo is the only way to go!

Reactions: John_V

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
My friends Kevin and Dan are brothers. Kevin bailed in Pittsburg because he was missing his wife, and also nursing some carpal tunnel. The pic with the three of us is Pittsburg with Kevin wearing a brace. Dan and I finished at the Atlantic Ocean three days later. I lived in Philadelphia and had a relatively new girlfriend, now my wife, who had a Philly apartment. We always planned to go ocean to ocean, but that meant that on the next to last day, when we got to Philly, we stayed with my girlfriend and got up early the next day to finish by doing a round trip to the ocean and back, about 120 miles. We did it in 30 days averaging 109 a day. I was pretty fit from just riding a lot in general. Kevin and Dan had to ride into shape and had a pretty rough first week. It’s easy when you’re young. I was 26.
Missed this thread. What an awesome adventure and challenge. Wish I could go back to early 20s and pull off a big one like this one.

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
For some reason I am double posting pics since the twospoke format change.
Wish I could help ya but I've been stripped of my super powers :D

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,823 Posts
14 degrees, 25mph winds, and this in the driveway.....looks like time to do first ride on the new CBD build. Can't think of a better christening for it. Time to layer up. Thank God for the NG generator running whole house for last coupla hrs........Gotta b first to leave tracks down the street.
20210215_064637.jpg
20210215_064626.jpg

I know....but it's SE TX for God's sake!

·
Maturity Challenged
1,140 Posts
I didn't take these pictures. They were sent to me by radio signal from Mars.

4821 - 4840 of 4858 Posts