Two Spoke Forums banner
4961 - 4977 of 4977 Posts

·
Mom's Taxi
4,898 Posts
In 1972 my Father had been working for Smuckers for 35 years. The president of the company thought my Father should have something to commemorate the occasion. As far as I know there are only 2 of these in existence.

Yes, those are diamonds below the jar

·
Two skinny J's
21,579 Posts
Got my dock box mostly finished. She what I call a 20 footer. Looks good as long as you don't get to close...kind like those old Maco paint jobs :D

Bought a couple of 7" cleats to "tie it down" in the weather

I really should have used a clear sealer but I went with Cabot semi solid New Cedar color since this is gong to be out at the end of the dock in the weather once I'm complete with it

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
@miles
Several years ago on our way home from a Cleveland Clinic visit and on a back road, we passed by the Smuckers museum.

We had taken the kids out of school for the trip and as normal for us, we always had some educational aspect when we did so.
So, we turned around and went back to the Smuckers museum. We spent a good two hours there. The front is just a store gift shop type place. But in the very back, there’s a very nice timeline of Smuckers with lots of memorabilia. It was a good stop. We talk of it often. I’m pretty sure that was somewhere in Ohio. Could have been south western Pennsylvania. I really don’t remember.

·
Two skinny J's
21,579 Posts
In 1972 my Father had been working for Smuckers for 35 years. The president of the company thought my Father should have something to commemorate the occasion. As far as I know there are only 2 of these in existence.
View attachment 53289
Yes, those are diamonds below the jar
That's way cool!
It's a real shame employees aren't valued like that anymore.

·
Mom's Taxi
4,898 Posts
@miles
Several years ago on our way home from a Cleveland Clinic visit and on a back road, we passed by the Smuckers museum.

We had taken the kids out of school for the trip and as normal for us, we always had some educational aspect when we did so.
So, we turned around and went back to the Smuckers museum. We spent a good two hours there. The front is just a store gift shop type place. But in the very back, there’s a very nice timeline of Smuckers with lots of memorabilia. It was a good stop. We talk of it often. I’m pretty sure that was somewhere in Ohio. Could have been south western Pennsylvania. I really don’t remember.
That would be on Rte 57, 3 miles south of Orrville, Ohio. Sometime in the next 2 weeks I will be giving the jars to Richard Smucker. If the museum doesn't have any of these jars I would guess Richard will make sure they get one.

·
Two skinny J's
21,579 Posts
That's so awesome.

Reactions: MilesR

·
Two skinny J's
21,579 Posts
Absolutely amazing sunset this evening.

·
Two skinny J's
21,579 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,579 Posts
I love this time of year. Cool breezes blowing in off of the water, crickets sing away, and absolute peace and quiet. Just me and my bride.
Atmosphere Plant Light Sky Cloud
Light Fire Flame Heat Bonfire

4961 - 4977 of 4977 Posts