Two Spoke Forums banner
5001 - 5020 of 5034 Posts

·
1,966 Posts

Attachments

·
Old, fat, and slow
987 Posts
Nice enough .... those windows had best be sealed, gas-filled and triple-pane in any cool or warm climate .... Not a huge fan of the undecorated "pseudo-Bauhaus" style .... no gutters, no awnings, no bourgeois "accoutrements" so that you get staining and water damage .... but it's a look some like. If one were to add the structural additions it would be a functionally "better" building and less starkly beautiful as well ..... I like the sort of FL Wright-into -the scenery integration Very much, though.

I am glad you posted these pics even though you got there on a fixie :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for your sacrifices. ;)

·
1,966 Posts
Nice enough .... those windows had best be sealed, gas-filled and triple-pane in any cool or warm climate .... Not a huge fan of the undecorated "pseudo-Bauhaus" style .... no gutters, no awnings, no bourgeois "accoutrements" so that you get staining and water damage .... but it's a look some like. If one were to add the structural additions it would be a functionally "better" building and less starkly beautiful as well ..... I like the sort of FL Wright-into -the scenery integration Very much, though.

I am glad you posted these pics even though you got there on a fixie :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for your sacrifices. ;)
There’s a fair amount of mid century design in Philly. Neutra, Kahn, Wright, etc. I like the aesthetic. Sometimes the aesthetic choice trumped functionality, There’s a story that Wright got a call on Thanksgiving from SC Johnson of Johnson Wax. Seems the roof was leaking onto the turkey. Wright told him to move the table. Not sure if that’s apocryphal, but it sounds good.

5001 - 5020 of 5034 Posts