·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Enjoying a little 10’year by the fire
Bottle Liquid Drinkware Solution Glass bottle
Bonfire Fire Flame Window Campfire

·
2,002 Posts
Today is the 100th anniversary of the Bryn Athyn train wreck, where a failure to read and wooden cars combined to produce a conflagration resulting in 27 deaths and 70 injuries. The pic marks the approximate
spot where the train engineer parked in the pull off spur, but emerged early, causing the carnage. The Bryn Athyn station is today a post office, as the railway has since been disbanded, and the line is now the Pennypack Park trail system, where cyclists, walkers, and runners converge. Any errors in their navigation result in markedly less damage than what ensued in 1921.
Brown Natural landscape Road surface Asphalt Wood

Ecoregion Map Slope Rectangle Font

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
Today is the 100th anniversary of the Bryn Athyn train wreck, where a failure to read and wooden cars combined to produce a conflagration resulting in 27 deaths and 70 injuries. The pic marks the approximate
spot where the train engineer parked in the pull off spur, but emerged early, causing the carnage. The Bryn Athyn station is today a post office, as the railway has since been disbanded, and the line is now the Pennypack Park trail system, where cyclists, walkers, and runners converge. Any errors in their navigation result in markedly less damage than what ensued in 1921.
View attachment 53922
View attachment 53921
That’s some super cool history and looks like a great place to ride.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
Sky Water Cloud Building Street light

Air crisp enough to guide a hand to pull a collar up drifts in off the sea. With it is the smell of freshly salted longing. Pubs omitting a bustle of chatter and clatter from gapped windows can be heard. The canal water calm enough to reflect a freshly brushed sky. As if from another time long ago a fiddler’s notes spill into the street from an open doorway. Ireland’s magic is rather an experience felt than one heard, smelt or seen.

·
2,002 Posts
That’s some super cool history and looks like a great place to ride.
I’ve been riding those trails for years and in a moment of serendipity just learned of that story this morning from a riding buddy who posted the video to our WhatsApp ride list group. What better time than the 100th anniversary to go out this morning and ride past that spot with fresh eyes and an appreciation for the history and tragedy of that moment.

·
2,002 Posts
View attachment 53925
Air crisp enough to guide a hand to pull a collar up drifts in off the sea. With it is the smell of freshly salted longing. Pubs omitting a bustle of chatter and clatter from gapped windows can be heard. The canal water calm enough to reflect a freshly brushed sky. As if from another time long ago a fiddler’s notes spill into the street from an open doorway. Ireland’s magic is rather an experience felt than one heard, smelt or seen.
What time of day? The blue light is breathtaking.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,766 Posts
What time of day? The blue light is breathtaking.
It’s strange how the light here can do that. I believe but could be wrong the affect has to do with how far North we are and how early the sunsets this time of year. Sometimes it’s dang near purple others green. Cloud cover affects it and as rainy as it can be often it’s just grey. The blue I was blown away by. It does not happen in the summer. So maybe temp plays into this but I’d think more time of day as temp difference between summer and winter is not very extreme.

It was super clear to the West (not sure if that’s why) and 4:31 pm exactly. I know because I texted the photo to my Dad when I took it. According to the weather app sunset is 4:19 pm today. Tho the sunset over the sea seems take a long time and it’s not dark until 5 ish. The photo is taken facing toward the West not sure if that plays into it also.

I only offer so much information because I don’t know what the cause is. If you or anyone knows what the factors are that actually create the intense colours in the light are I’m open to learning.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Such a beautiful sunset tonight.
Sky Water Water resources Cloud Ecoregion

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Walking back from my little shop looking out at the sunset I just couldn’t let this one go.
To the south
Water Sky Atmosphere Natural landscape Fluid

to the east
Water Sky Water resources Atmosphere Cloud

and to the west
Water Sky Cloud Water resources Natural landscape

And back to the house in the woods
Sky Purple Light Water Tree

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Reactions: i12ride