Two Spoke Forums banner
5121 - 5140 of 5160 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,802 Posts
It was just to perfect of an evening to let it go.
Water Sky Water resources Atmosphere Afterglow

Water Sky Atmosphere Cloud Afterglow

Water Sky Water resources Cloud Afterglow

Sky Cloud Afterglow Natural landscape Dusk

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,057 Posts
Because my work bike was waiting on a clean chain, I had to take my old (1983) Cannondale to the hardware store. When I came out I saw this beast. I have done some work on my Cannondale, but my pride felt silly after I saw this. Apparently the bike has only a rear brake and is single-speed .... nothing else was connected. The the bike had a twist shifter and levers (on one pair of bars ...)

Of all the things I have seen don to a cheap Walmart FS bike, this is the only mod I can say i admire.

Sorry for the crappy picture quality .... my 15-year-old backup iPhone which is normally just an alarm clock and bike computer has been abused more than .... well never mind. Suffice to say that it has given most of its life to science in the form of numerous gravity tests.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle front and rear rack
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,239 Posts
Bewilderment, apprehension, admiration and approval are all dazing me, hang on......the confused portion on my brain asks, what genre bike is this and how do I dress to ride it? Cowboy boots and a football helmet and welding gloves with a sleeveless straightjacket comes to mind for some reason....

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,706 Posts
Okay, I'll bite: I took this a few years ago at the annual Punkin Chunkin festival in Aurora, CO. For those who have not heard, Punkin Chunkin is the sport where you build a machine designed to throw a pumpkin as far as possible. There are categories from old school catapults to giant air cannon capable of lofting gourds nearly out of sight. All that notwithstanding, I spotted this trike on the competitors' line and thought it deserved a picture.
Wheel Bicycle Tire Motor vehicle Bicycle hub

For anyone having trouble wrapping their mind around what a giant air cannon that fires pumpkins looks like, here's a shot of one in action with several others on deck. Note the catapult style throwers on the left hand side. On the right, note the giant pressure vessels at the bases of the various air cannon.
Sky Cloud Beach People on beach Leisure
Also, note that the 'little' cannon to the right of middle is sitting in front of a medium duty truck. The time and effort that goes into these things is impressive. Not my thing, but fun to watch.

·
Two skinny J's
21,802 Posts
5121 - 5140 of 5160 Posts