Post your Touring Bike!

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by HandsomeRyan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

Let's see pics and specs for your touring bikes...

I'm building one right now so i'll add pics when it's a little further along.

2. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

:hate:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010

3. wild

2010 Jamis Aurora Elite for specs click on my cycles and it is steel road bike. I only have 300 miles on it but so far I realy like the ride. I went with a 2010 because I wanted the triple, and I could deal better on the price :rolleyes::eek:.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Can't wait to see what you have been up to Ryan.

5. LarryM

LarryM Eocyclist

Mrs M's Jamis Aurora and my Surly LHT loaded for a 2 week credit card trip.

Attached Files:

6. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Wow. You guys are really putting it to me. I've been lustfully eying a Salsa Fargo for about a year now. There were some significant changes to the 2011 model, so maybe it's good I didn't get one yet. I just need to sell my Zipps and/or my MTB, then I hope to join your ranks.

7. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Rat Biker

I don't have any yet but slowly working on getting my bike back to road worthy won't be so much a touring bike I call it my camping bike. soon as I get her back together in a couple weeks I will be sharing pics but specs wise bone stock Panasonic 12 speed early to mid 80's vintage not sure exact year but close to mint condition will have 27X 1 3/8 knobby tires from Kenda I will be adding in the summer a Wald bike basket rack out back and a big front basket for the handel bar also making a saddle/shoulder bag for it to.

8. HandsomeRyan

All I have so far is a frame but I've got a list of parts picked out so here's the verbal preview of what I have in mind...

Nashbar Touring frame and fork.

Drivetrain= Sugino XD-350 48-36-26 cranks, XT 11-34 cassette, Deore derailleurs front and rear, Dura Ace bar end shifters

Brakes: Avid Single Digit 7's with Tektro RL520 levers

Wheels: Deore/Dyad 36 spoke

Other: Brooks B-17, some generic ergo-drop bar, generic seatpost, generic stem, UM54 BB, Cane Creek S-3 headset, some bottle cages, still debating about fenders, and I'll likely (try to) weld up my own rack(s)

I still have no idea what rubber I want to wrap the rims with. Probably something in the 32mm range and not terribly expensive but I'm just not sure.

9. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

10. LarryM

LarryM Eocyclist

Thank you.

After a little over a year and a half and 4,500 miles, I still think it's the most comfortable bike I ever owned.

11. LarryM

LarryM Eocyclist

That's a beauty. I'm sure you'll have many smiles with it.

My wife has put 1,200 miles on her Aurora since she got it in April and loves it. I have to ask her to slow down so I can keep pace with her.

12. wild

Well I may never go on a real tour but comfort is what I was after and I can't belive how good this bike rides. The 25 or so miles I do thrugh the swamp just about everyday is just fine with me, slow and steady, there are groops that do 70 mile rides around here but I like my little Tour De-Swamp.:D it is 33 miles to Sea Ile City from here that is a nice ride but the ride home :eek: for me is more than I want to do. Now if I could get rid of this head cold and get a little warmyth out side I could get a fue more miles in, I just like being on the bike.

13. killerbug

killerbug New Member

I like Nishiki's and have a couple set up for commuting. I also have a couple of older Schwinns.

Attached Files:

14. HandsomeRyan

[​IMG]

Here is the bike as it sits in my basement.
    Nashbar Touring frame and fork
    Cane Creek S-3 headset
    Avid Single Digit 7 brakes
    Pricepoint's house brand stem
    and some generic raceface ergo bars

They discontinued (and canceled my order for) the seat post so my B-17 is sadly still sitting on the shop floor waiting for me to decide on a new post.

Waiting for a bike swap meet in February to see if I can score on some wheels, bar end shifters, or a crank set.

15. JTGYK

JTGYK New Member

Here's Mine:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Nashbar Touring frame with Deore group and 7 X 3 RSX Brifters.
    Dubbed...The Flying Avocado

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  16. HandsomeRyan

Nice. How do you like that front rack?

17. JTGYK

JTGYK New Member

It's surprisingly useful. Bought 3 more for the other bikes in the stable when on sale at Nashbar.

I have added a low-rider rack under the front one you see. So now I have a platform AND a low-rider rack...pretty sweet!