Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see pics and specs for your touring bikes...

I'm building one right now so i'll add pics when it's a little further along.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
2010 Jamis Aurora Elite for specs click on my cycles and it is steel road bike. I only have 300 miles on it but so far I realy like the ride. I went with a 2010 because I wanted the triple, and I could deal better on the price :rolleyes::eek:.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Wow. You guys are really putting it to me. I've been lustfully eying a Salsa Fargo for about a year now. There were some significant changes to the 2011 model, so maybe it's good I didn't get one yet. I just need to sell my Zipps and/or my MTB, then I hope to join your ranks.

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
I don't have any yet but slowly working on getting my bike back to road worthy won't be so much a touring bike I call it my camping bike. soon as I get her back together in a couple weeks I will be sharing pics but specs wise bone stock Panasonic 12 speed early to mid 80's vintage not sure exact year but close to mint condition will have 27X 1 3/8 knobby tires from Kenda I will be adding in the summer a Wald bike basket rack out back and a big front basket for the handel bar also making a saddle/shoulder bag for it to.

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All I have so far is a frame but I've got a list of parts picked out so here's the verbal preview of what I have in mind...

Nashbar Touring frame and fork.

Drivetrain= Sugino XD-350 48-36-26 cranks, XT 11-34 cassette, Deore derailleurs front and rear, Dura Ace bar end shifters

Brakes: Avid Single Digit 7's with Tektro RL520 levers

Wheels: Deore/Dyad 36 spoke

Other: Brooks B-17, some generic ergo-drop bar, generic seatpost, generic stem, UM54 BB, Cane Creek S-3 headset, some bottle cages, still debating about fenders, and I'll likely (try to) weld up my own rack(s)

I still have no idea what rubber I want to wrap the rims with. Probably something in the 32mm range and not terribly expensive but I'm just not sure.

·
Eocyclist
742 Posts
2010 Jamis Aurora Elite for specs click on my cycles and it is steel road bike. I only have 300 miles on it but so far I realy like the ride. I went with a 2010 because I wanted the triple, and I could deal better on the price :rolleyes::eek:.
That's a beauty. I'm sure you'll have many smiles with it.

My wife has put 1,200 miles on her Aurora since she got it in April and loves it. I have to ask her to slow down so I can keep pace with her.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Well I may never go on a real tour but comfort is what I was after and I can't belive how good this bike rides. The 25 or so miles I do thrugh the swamp just about everyday is just fine with me, slow and steady, there are groops that do 70 mile rides around here but I like my little Tour De-Swamp.:D it is 33 miles to Sea Ile City from here that is a nice ride but the ride home :eek: for me is more than I want to do. Now if I could get rid of this head cold and get a little warmyth out side I could get a fue more miles in, I just like being on the bike.

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Here is the bike as it sits in my basement.
Nashbar Touring frame and fork
Cane Creek S-3 headset
Avid Single Digit 7 brakes
Pricepoint's house brand stem
and some generic raceface ergo bars

They discontinued (and canceled my order for) the seat post so my B-17 is sadly still sitting on the shop floor waiting for me to decide on a new post.

Waiting for a bike swap meet in February to see if I can score on some wheels, bar end shifters, or a crank set.

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice. How do you like that front rack?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice. How do you like that front rack?
It's surprisingly useful. Bought 3 more for the other bikes in the stable when on sale at Nashbar.

I have added a low-rider rack under the front one you see. So now I have a platform AND a low-rider rack...pretty sweet!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts