Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look guys a tech post from me!

Can a presta valve lose air over time? I'm borrowing a friends bike,I couldn't find a leek, but every morning it's flat. I know it wasn't filled to the max when I got it, would that make a difference?

·
retromike3
274 Posts
looks like you have a leak

It sounds like you have a slow leak. Usually your tires lose some air over a period of time but the don't go flat. Road bikes that have Presta valves, generally have much thinner tires and tubes and are much more prone to punctures.

You have to keep a much sharper eye out for junk in the road. B.I.T.D. I used to commute with sew-ups and did not get to manny flats, because I could ovoid the bad sections of road.

Mike

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not my bike, and not the tires I would have chosen, but I need transportation so...

I'm going to be building up my Raleigh soon and am glad I have a little experience with road tires now.

·
'57 Schwinn Wasp
224 Posts
Did you get a chance to put the tube (with air still in it) and the valve to see where the bubbles are coming from? I mean, that's what I do if there was a leak. Otherwise you're just guessing and so are we.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, there's a leak, I'm going to have to run it down tonight. I can't find it, but I can hear it. I'm going to walk to the LBS later to by a new tube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts