Pro Team Sponsors, who are they?

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by rola643, Jan 12, 2018.

1. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Tavern Member

I found this article very informative. I had generally ideas and knowledge but this article takes it a step further as //INRNG always seem to do.

For example I had no idea of these actual connections:
    Quick Step Floors is backed by a brand of laminated flooring. It might seem indissociable from Belgian cycling but it belongs to company founded in Amsterdam… Amsterdam, New York called Mohawk Industries, a giant supplier of commercial and residential flooring and the team a cosmopolitan recruitment policy to spread the sponsor’s name far beyond Belgium. German discount supermarket Lidl appears on the kit again while Belgium’s Latexco make rubber mattresses and the firm’s Maes family have backed team manager Patrick Lefevere since the 1990s.

• Quick Step’s sponsorship began in 2003 but the team is an assembly of mergers over the years and can be traced back to the 1990s

And could you make a better combination of coffee and cycling? ( Ok that is debatable, a nice bourbon or beer sponsor would be ultra fitting too:))

Trek-Segafredo is the combination of US bike brand Trek and Italian coffee Segafredo. Trek should be familiar while Segafredo literally means “cold saw” in Italian but it’s an Italian coffee giant controlled by founder Massimo Zanetti that floated on the stock exchange in 2016.

And had no clue about this one.
    Bora-Hansgrohe is a German team sponsored by two manufacturers. Bora makes kitchen extractor fans with their selling point being that the fans are located beside the cooking hob rather than above them. Hansgrohe make plumbing parts like taps and shower heads and if they have a Germany history since being founded by Herr Hans Grohe in 1901 are these days majority owned by US conglomerate Masco. The silent partner is Specialized, the bike brand was instrumental in helping the team secure Peter Sagan and their rise into the World Tour last season.

Read all about it here : http://inrng.com/2018/01/pro-team-sponsors-2018-explained/

fpl1 and kneedrachen like this.
  2. kneedrachen

kneedrachen Moderator Staff Member Mod Team Tavern Member

And Alpecin (Katusha-Alpecin), a German company, makes caffeinated shampoo.....

rola643 likes this.

3. i12ride

i12ride Spin Spin Spin Tavern Member

How come Squibb, Lilly, Merck, Pfizer, Roche, Bayer, GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, Novartis or Johnson & Johnson don't sponsor Pro Cycling? Would seem appropriate. Their absence is somewhat conspicuous based on the level of unsanctioned participation some or all have in the sport nowadays.

fpl1 and maelochs like this.
  4. kneedrachen

kneedrachen Moderator Staff Member Mod Team Tavern Member

Team Type 1/Novodisk notwithstanding

fpl1 likes this.
  5. i12ride

i12ride Spin Spin Spin Tavern Member

Didn't think of them since they aren't a top 10 pharma giant..............:oops: