Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm proof positive that cycling is good for you. Back in the beginning of December I went for a looong over due physical and learned that my blood pressure was a wee bit high. A not so happy 145 over 105 and a resting heart rate of 90. A heart attack waiting to happen.

I started a walking regiment around the neighborhood through the winter months but by spring I was pretty bored with it so had the bright idea of breaking the bicycle out since the days were getting longer and I have a great riding trail just down the street. Took my first ride on March 3rd and have logged a little over 400 miles since and I've rekindled the joy of my bike again.

Checked my blood pressure today and was very happy. 115 over 80 with a resting heart rate of 80... and have lost 18 lbs to boot since December.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Great job keep it up, I know how you feel heart disease runs in my family dad died at 57 sister had a stroke at 55 and i am 51 i started riding 3years ago i have lost 30lbs. Starting to ride again has changed my life.

·
Registered
625 Posts
kudos!!!!

·
Who put that curb there?
168 Posts
Awesome, Poolie!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: