Proper nutrition

Discussion in 'Training / Health' started by Grape Ape, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

My wife and I were discussing nutrition earlier today. We are trying to eat healthier and are basing our diet on the food pyramid. I am trying to eat better. We eat cereals and grains. I have reduced my meat intake and have switched more towards fish. My wife brought up my dislike of vegetables. She said I really need to increase my fruit and vegetable intake. I argued, but she says I am wrong. What do you think?

This is my thinking

Red = Raspberry
    Pink = Strawberries
    Yellow = Corn
    Green = Broccoli
    Blue = Blueberries
    Orange = Oranges
    Purple = Blackberries

So if I eat 11 servings of Lucky Charms I will get 11 servings of grains and should put a huge dent in the number of servings of fruits and vegetables I need to eat.

She says the color of the marshmallows do not mean they are the equivalent to a fruit or vegetable.

Which of us is right? Me saying I get my daily requirements by eating different colored marshmallows or Her saying I need to eat real fruits and vegetables.

I have $5 on this need your input.

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

I'll agree with you if we split the 5.

3. Kurt

Kurt Guest

Hahaha, I learned a LONG time ago to never get involved in a couple's fight! Hope you work it out man! lol

4. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

Well Lucky Charms do use whole grain cereal right? hahahah. I hate veggies too but i will eat what my wife fixes if i get to ride my bike and take my Jeep out whenever i want. Give and take man, give and take.

5. Johnny Miller

Johnny Miller New Member

Paleolithic type diet

sounds like me a few years ago, are you interested in the paleolithic type diet I highly recommend it to anybody who wants to increase their vitality it worked for me. Paleolithic diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cheers
    Johnny