Two Spoke Forums banner
4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  funetical 
#1 ·
I read in Mountain bike magazine about the Arrowhead 135 Winter Ultramarathon. Nope I am in no way interested in doing it not now, not when I am in perfect shape.

What did catch my interest was the Surley Pugsley. They also had a review of it in the same magazine. Has anyone had the chance to ride one? What is it like? Is it as cool as it looks in the pictures with the big wide wheels or is it just a gimmick? What do you think?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Yep mud, snow and sand. It has 3.7 inch wide tires. To fit the wider tires they had to make the rear triangle wider and the bottom bracket is also wider. They advise 6 to 10 PSI in the tires with a high of 15 PSI for hard packed terrain and rocks to avoid pinch flats.

I am thinking it is the Jeep of the bike world.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
I saw the all wheel drive Jeep bike a while ago in an ad or something. I thought it was cool but just a gimmick. The worm gear drive looked as if it would flex and disengage when put under stress taking the front tire out of the equation and giving you a rear wheel drive bike with extra junk you have to power. I does look cool though, I wouldn't buy one without a lot of extensive testing of it.

Now a Surly Pugsley on the other hand I could see one of those in my stable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.