1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Some creative marketing too. Especially when they mention how SiO2 "important for the natural development of bones and the maintenance of healthy skin."

I'm thinking I'll get my hands on a few and give 'em a test. I have some drink mix that I think could make mold grow on just about anything.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I'll see if I can get some for review. By the way, the president of that tire lever company asked for my address, but I never heard back from him.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering what was going on with them. I'll probably just purchase some if you don't hear from him again by the end of the week.

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking I'll get my hands on a few and give 'em a test. I have some drink mix that I think could make mold grow on just about anything.

We really ( listen to me :) ) need a like button of sorts!

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Sounds like a bottle that could stand up to the iron we have in the water here

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I have a three pack, all different. How much arm twisting will it take to get Rola and Xela to each test one?
I would volunteer but since I had the epic fail on the socks....Which by the way I wore yesterday, very nice. Had them for close to a year and they have worn most excellent, fit well and no fraying inside or out.

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
12,350 Posts
Shows how well I can remember these days. Feel free to post a few words about them some time. Since doing my sock articles, the only thing I use cotton socks for is polishing things.

Back on topic, you can still review the bottle, if you're interested. My office is beginning to look like something out of Hoarders, with all the reviewed stuff, plus new goodies.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
No arm twisting required, Hack, if they're still available. I bought more of my special mold producing drink powder yesterday in anticipation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think the critical factor is the quality of the water going into the bottle. Excesssive hardness, chlorine, organics, etc. are more likely to affect taste more than anything else. But it would be interesting to try it out and if it masks that "plastic" taste, it certainly would be worth it.

Also, while mold might not grow on the inside surface, I doubt that the silicon will prevent microrganisms from multiplying in the water if there is a suitable carbon/energy source. I wouldn't store water in these containers for any long period of any more than I would any other container.

·
12,350 Posts
One bottle is on the way to Xela as of this morning. Two more are on my desk. I'll need to go back and read the info I have, and devise some tests.

·
889 Posts
Interesting. I'd buy one if it was the same price as a regular bottle.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts