Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

So far, I'm really enjoying winter. Last fall I purchased a Haro Steel Reserve 1.1 and made few changes to it. I'm running a 25 /16 ratio, changed to a seat with some springs, and added a front disc brake.
It is a blast to ride. I have some control! I've started to learn how to trackstand. I can hold them for several seconds now, I do them both standing and setting. My goal is to be able to do them leasurely on group rides later in the year. I just turned 62 and the 'stands do wear me down.
The cooler temperature gives me an obvious reason for padding.

The 1.1 has become my ride of choice. The lower ratio encourages a much higher cadence. I' sure that I look like quite the fool standing on the pedals twisting, shaking, and going nowhere. But hey, I'm having fun!

BobH.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Good for you on the track stands. I have been trying to learn how to do them for many years. How many times did you fall before you got it?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good for you on the track stands. I have been trying to learn how to do them for many years. How many times did you fall before you got it?
Noel,

I haven't fell yet, it just a matter of time 'til I do. Youtube has some clips on trackstands, so does Observed Trials dot net. Keep pressure on the leading pedal. I trackstand at the village stop signs for more practice. Spend more time off the seat, it'll help loosen your body.

BobH.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts