Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to experiment to see of they are equally fast like the articles in the fitness forum say. Crank Brother 50/50's.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a great ride yesterday. Pedals worked really well, cornering was insanely easier!

·
1,393 Posts
I don't really think people pull up as much as follow the pedal up as the other leg pushes the pedal down - unless you train yourself actively to do so - I make it easy - I just try to pedal fast - and then faster the next time - and so on

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I don't really think people pull up as much as follow the pedal up as the other leg pushes the pedal down - unless you train yourself actively to do so - I make it easy - I just try to pedal fast - and then faster the next time - and so on
I'm probably a freak in that perspective. Been training for an endurance race next weekend that includes 8k ft of vertical climbing and I pull the crap out of the pedals :)

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Poolie said:
Did you have any issues re-wiring your brain not to try and pull up in the pedals?
No, in fact it's helped my road riding a ton. My pedal
Stroke is a lot more efficient now!

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah,i agree it, don't think people pull up as much as follow the pedal up as the other leg pushes the pedal down - unless you train yourself actively to do so .

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stevenjoywell said:
yeah,i agree it, don't think people pull up as much as follow the pedal up as the other leg pushes the pedal down - unless you train yourself actively to do so .
I'd recommend going on flats until the spring. I'm still running mine. Straightline Amps, awesome pedals. Just make sure to get good shoes. 5-10 and Teva make good ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts