Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 11 year old had her tonsils out today. I found a spare bell, and one of those space bars that mount to your bars and give you extra room for lights/computers. Cobbled together a little bell she can ring for service. Wish I had a big horn for it too.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Hopefully the service won't be abused :)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Hopefully it won't be needed long. She should be better quickly, but it sure is miserable now I bet and it stinks worse over the holidays. I had pneumonia about that age and was stuck in the house for 3 months. The 3 months were summer vacation in Mississippi in the summer in a house with no air conditioning. That was miserable and it lasted so long I even got used to the nasty taste of the medicine. Getting shut in at that age is tough, and hopefully she will be laughing Christmas day, and toys broken the day after.

·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By Monday, I should know what I'm in for. I'm going to try to convince my doctor to take my tonsils and adenoids out while he's scraping me some new sinus cavities.

Back on topic, I'm glad I found that little space bar thingy. She almost ended up with a bar/stem/levers combo to accompany her bell.

·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No one gave me a little bell after my surgery. My neighbors put my recliner by the TV, and that's where I stayed for over a week, including a very hazy Christmas with nearly all my kids.

·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was early December, she's fine now. My oldest had her tonsils out a bit over a week ago as well, and other than a brief bout with dehydration, she's ready to go back to work.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
how many girls do you have? now i see why you are good with the ladies you have a house full of them...;)

·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just one at home, and she's a twelve year old tomboy. One daughter in SoCal, one around the corner (two streets over, I think) and a son in Colorado and another in Australia. Is that five kids? Yeah, I think I have five kids.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts