Question for Vassago.

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Grape Ape, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

I had a dream last night and remembered it when I woke up. I was riding a bike down the side of a building, not straight down but the bike was tilted out from the building and to keep my balance and keep the tires on the wall I was leaning slightly toward the wall. and going down the side of the building at an angle from like top right down to bottom left of the side of the building. At the bottom I was able to transition smoothly and ride on down the sidewalk.

I figure Vassago has done some crazy stuff and would know if this is possible. Can you ride a BMX bike down a vertical surface such as a wall without falling away from the wall if you lean the bike away from the surface and lean your body to the surface. to try to keep the tires on the vertical surface. And if so can you do it down like a 5 story brick building or just a short vertical part of a pool wall or vert ramp?

Sort of like in the picture.

Attached Files:

2. Grape Ape

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

No, that doesn't work. But go to Youtube and search for "wall ride".

4. fleeter

fleeter The Bearded Wonder

nope... your center of gravity would be out away from the wall, so unless it was a curved wall, and the centrifugal force kept you against the wall, you would fall.

5. BlazingPedals

BlazingPedals Member

Conceivably, you could freefall in that position, but when you finally hit the ground, you'd go SPLAT because your tires wouldn't be underneath your COG.

6. fleeter

... I just want to know how long it took you in Paint to draw the little man riding the bike on the wall...

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I'm just wondering why he's naked.

8. Farnsworth

Farnsworth New Member

I looked all over you tube and the closest thing I could find was a dude on a skateboard and he wasn't even close to what you are talking about. I'm going to say impossible.

9. fleeter

that was my next question.

10. Grape Ape

Well I guess I will always have it in my dream.

A minute or 3 not that long.......

it would have taken a lot longer to dress him in a wife beater, a pair of long shorts and some vans so I left him naked.

And just so you know that is a generic representation of a man riding down the side of a building naked, in the cold. If it was a pic of me the lines for the stick figure would have been much much wider and there would have been a 3rd leg hanging down about to get hung up in the chain.

Hey, y'all be quiet I said it was a dream!!

11. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Is that why they make chain guards?

12. Farnsworth

Farnsworth New Member

If it was a pic of me it wouldn't have the same issue. But then I just throw it over my shoulder and get moving. ;)

13. fleeter

14. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Ewwwwwwwwww.... I think you guys need to look into seeing a Dr for your problem. If you can call it that. LOL