Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Younger than Hack
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a dream last night and remembered it when I woke up. I was riding a bike down the side of a building, not straight down but the bike was tilted out from the building and to keep my balance and keep the tires on the wall I was leaning slightly toward the wall. and going down the side of the building at an angle from like top right down to bottom left of the side of the building. At the bottom I was able to transition smoothly and ride on down the sidewalk.

I figure Vassago has done some crazy stuff and would know if this is possible. Can you ride a BMX bike down a vertical surface such as a wall without falling away from the wall if you lean the bike away from the surface and lean your body to the surface. to try to keep the tires on the vertical surface. And if so can you do it down like a 5 story brick building or just a short vertical part of a pool wall or vert ramp?

Sort of like in the picture.

Attachments

·
The Bearded Wonder
561 Posts
nope... your center of gravity would be out away from the wall, so unless it was a curved wall, and the centrifugal force kept you against the wall, you would fall.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Conceivably, you could freefall in that position, but when you finally hit the ground, you'd go SPLAT because your tires wouldn't be underneath your COG.

·
The Bearded Wonder
561 Posts
... I just want to know how long it took you in Paint to draw the little man riding the bike on the wall...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I looked all over you tube and the closest thing I could find was a dude on a skateboard and he wasn't even close to what you are talking about. I'm going to say impossible.

·
Younger than Hack
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I guess I will always have it in my dream.

... I just want to know how long it took you in Paint to draw the little man riding the bike on the wall...
A minute or 3 not that long.......

I'm just wondering why he's naked.
it would have taken a lot longer to dress him in a wife beater, a pair of long shorts and some vans so I left him naked.

And just so you know that is a generic representation of a man riding down the side of a building naked, in the cold. If it was a pic of me the lines for the stick figure would have been much much wider and there would have been a 3rd leg hanging down about to get hung up in the chain.

Hey, y'all be quiet I said it was a dream!!

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
it would have taken a lot longer to dress him in a wife beater, a pair of long shorts and some vans so I left him naked.

And just so you know that is a generic representation of a man riding down the side of a building naked, in the cold. If it was a pic of me the lines for the stick figure would have been much much wider and there would have been a 3rd leg hanging down about to get hung up in the chain.

Is that why they make chain guards?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well I guess I will always have it in my dream.

A minute or 3 not that long.......

If it was a pic of me it wouldn't have the same issue. But then I just throw it over my shoulder and get moving. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts