Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm James.
Hadn't cycled for years since was a teenager. Am 51 now. Needed to get some form of physical exercise.
Have a Carrera hybrid and can't get enough of it, wish I'd cycled more over the past couple of decades, just for the feel good factor alone.

image-2599151533.jpg

My ride

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not exactly fair weather, it's minus 2 here today and try to do at least 10miles a day 5-6 times a week to keep the endorphins flowing. Although I'd much prefer it to be fair weather.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Since NASCAR is king here, and most assume since I'm from the South, I like it, I'll assume being from the UK you enjoy F1. True? If so, I'm a huge fan as well. Don't give a crap about NASCAR honestly.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me personally I prefer football (what you guys call Soccer)
I've never been to the US but will be visiting family this year in Auburn and been promised some American Football & Baseball, the latter I have no idea of the rules apart from batting and running around bases which has to be more exciting than Cricket any day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi James, I am 50 and I know the feeling of wishing I would have started cycling earlier, I had rode off and on for a couple years but last summer I started riding alot more and can't get enough. I have a Trek hybrid, but I have ordered my first road bike and can't wait.

Roy

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same here Roy, messed about with bikes when i was young and bought myself the hybrid about 8 month ago but now looking at getting a road bike too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx ... Don't mind the cold as I can wrap up but overnight snow has put paid to me going out today and probably tomorrow ... Unless someone knows where I can get some 26" snow-chains!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts