Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rainy Day Bike

On days where it looks a little like rain I take my Rainy Day Bike.
This one started life as a crusty slightly rusted 62cm. Centurion LeMans RS model made from Tange #2 tubes. I removed the paint and rust inspected the insides of the tubes best I could. I had the frame powder coated Ferrari Red and the head set coated by a process used for coating guns, and sporting equipment.
The inside of the tubing was treated with a product called Frame Saver, not sure what's in it.
But the bike has simple running gear, older Ultegra brakes and 600 shifters. Old set of Mavic rims on easy to rebuild hubs.
I have no worries of riding my bike on crappy days.

Attachments

·
Banned
430 Posts
Re: Huffy. Great choice for a beater. I had one when I was a kid. It was one of my first mtn bikes. I thought it was great. Now, I'd think it was a tub, but I'd still ride it! hehehe. It was HEAVY but comfortable. I filed the rims to get some traction for the brakes.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Yes that Huffy is worth every penny I gave for it,0. I have stripe it of its shifters and derailers and ride it as a single speed 50x20, it sure is a fun ride evean in the dry but it is best in the snow. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts