Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Good looking bike...

What shop are you looking at buying it from?

Have you looked at the 2012 Revenio's?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did look at the 2012 Revenio but they are $100 more with apparently the same components. There are 2 Raleigh dealers close to me, Freewheelin Bike Shop and Fat Frogs. I am also considering the Giant Defy3 and the Trek 1.2, but those are a couple hundred dollars more with the same specs I think.
I currently have a 2012 Giant Escape 1 hybrid, which I bought 2 months ago and I already want a roadbike.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I was in Freewheelin a few weeks back and he had two 2009 carbon frame supercourses for around $1200 and I think they came with 105 & Tiagra

·
Registered
330 Posts
I sold a lot of Revenio 2.0s. The 2011s are, IMO, much better looking than the 2012s. They're also, as you mentioned, less expensive. It's almost November; see if you can get it for $700.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well the Revenio definitely looks better. Why do people prefer Trek/Giant/Specialized over Raleigh?
They just seem to follow what the rest buy I guess. If it's not the latest or greatest they don't want to talk to you...

I have run into people that look at one of my Raleigh's that I'm riding and it seems like they just turn there noses up... Screw them...

·
Rollin Solo like Han...
517 Posts
The shop I work at sells trek, specialized and raleigh. The specialized bikes IMO are definitely pretty nice, Treks, at least newer ones don't really do much for me. I'd go Raleigh, oh wait, i've bought new raleighs the last 2 years and i'm not the least bit disappointed. Now given they were both track bikes not roadies, Raleigh offers some awesome steel road bikes with an old school flair about them and i dig that. I've always liked Raleigh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You might also consider the Felt Z series.. the Z85 Z95 and Z100 are in a similar price range for Aluminum frame road rides. Heard good things about the Cannondale Aluminum bikes as well. You may find a LBS that has the 2011 models still in stock for a discount over the 2012s.... the Felt 2011s in some cases have better components than the 2012s.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You might also consider the Felt Z series.. the Z85 Z95 and Z100 are in a similar price range for Aluminum frame road rides. Heard good things about the Cannondale Aluminum bikes as well. You may find a LBS that has the 2011 models still in stock for a discount over the 2012s.... the Felt 2011s in some cases have better components than the 2012s.
The LBS is a dealer for Raleigh and Felt both, so I did check out the Felt z100. But they are asking MSRP for it. :(

Unfortunately, Cannondale bikes aren't easily available here. I have looked at the Trek 1.2 and Giant Defy3 but they cost way more than the Raleigh. And the specs are basically the same.

Plus why has everyone jacked up the prices for the 2012 models?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts