Raleigh Twenty

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by devinfan, Feb 10, 2010.

1. devinfan

devinfan New Member

2. sp1nner

sp1nner New Member

Very cool, I have never seen one before. It looks like it would be a hoot to ride. Thanks for posting.

Jim

3. devinfan

devinfan New Member

Thanks, it really is fun. I mainly bought it because I wanted something that could fit easily fold up and fit in the back of the van when we go to the cottage etc. Also the fenders and low centre of gravity make it a good rider when the streets are snowy. There is a whole subculture devoted to doing extreme modifications on these bikes, but I'm planning on keeping this one pretty much stock, that way I can lock it up downtown and go for lunch without worrying about it.

4. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I've got one, but it's mostly just waiting for some attention.

5. devinfan

devinfan New Member

Here is the late great Sheldon Brown's Raleigh Twenty. He made his looks very cool indeed!

Attached Files:

6. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

I'd love a twenty. Cool little bike.

7. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Haha! I just sold my spare single speed crankset and bullhorns because I had forgotten what I was saving them for. That photo of Sheldon's bike reminded me. D'oh!

8. Sinner4

Sinner4 New Member

New Find, Raleigh 20

Raleigh 20 non folding needs restoring. Started tonight tearing it up. Bent steer fork, odd ball 20 inch wheels. Man them Brits sure can build a bike. For now Im ditching the fork and installing a BMX fork, and BMX heavy duty wheels. The wheels have like 72 spokes, and going with the single speed rear cog. I have the S/A 3 speed, might build a new rear rim for it in the future.

Here is the basket case.
    [​IMG]

9. sp1nner

sp1nner New Member

It looks like you have your work cut out for you! It should be a lot of fun, and yield a worthwhile bike. Good luck, and keep some updates coming.

Jim

10. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Where did you find it?

11. Sinner4

Sinner4 New Member

A local guy who bought out a bike shop in the mid-west some where got a Semi Truck load of bikes. So he had a pile of crap bikes he wanted to sell. Like 25 in one wack. The 20 was one of them.