Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is just a heads up notice.

Raleigh was sold to a Dutch Group, by the name of Accell, back in May, 2012. Soon afterwards, the Podium 7 made its debut out of the Diamondback ranks. The Podium 7 has a state-of-the-art race bike oriented design and is just a tad short of 900 grams. Diamondback boasts of its new technology using AMMP + ORC steps in Podium Construction. Advanced Monocoque Molding Process used in combination with Optimized Resinous Compounds.

The Podium 7 is in the $8000 price range.

Isn't this kinda strange for a company that has had such a mediocre midlevel intermediate status in road bicycle design?

I now wonder about the direction into which Diamondback is headed and what its current direction implies for its future relationship with DKS (Dick's Sporting Goods).

Diamondback is a subsidiary of Raleigh...

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
MY LBS has dropped Raliegh this past year. They picked up the Focus line in its place. I had inquired about the change and they told me that Raliegh was moving strongly into the family biking market. Not sure what they meant but maybe they felt the brand was going to take a hit with it's new parent.

Raliegh still is a good brand. Diamondback makes me wonder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts