Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I know this is a cycling site but since this seems to be related by virtue of drug testing and recent events in cycling I thought it might be relevant. I've always had a love hate thing for Manny. He's been one hellva slugger but his lazy arrogant attitude always ruined it for me.

What kills me about this one is the talk about the Hall of Fame. Have people completely lost all sensibility? I thought things like the Hall of Fame, be it baseball or any other sport, was reserved for only top quality athletes who excelled in their particular sport. I happen to believe it should be done naturally with blood, sweat, tears and lotsa hard work!

When my son was in High School and saw a few of the guys getting big quick he had a keen interest in how they did it. We had some serious talk about taking substances like that. It's hard to resist the "easy" way and put in the hard work. My son argued with me about the safety of taking creatine and I understand they say there are no side effects and it's natural but...I just don't think some people will naturally ever have the body mass of others and a good example of that could be Derek Jetter. You can say what you want but I have a TON of respect for Derek.

·
Registered
625 Posts
My wife helped deliver one of Manny Ramirez's children (she was working as a labor and delivery nurse at the time). She did not know who he was. She came in to check the patient and he's laying in the bed. She asked, "Who are you?" and he replied, "I'm the father." She told him the bed was for the mother, so he would have to get out. While she was trying to do her exam and assessment on his wife, he kept interrupting her to ask about the couch folding out and other tired nonsense. My wife finally told him that "right now it's about your wife and baby, it's not about you, and if you keep interrupting me, I will call security to remove you." He shut up.

The next time when she came on to work (she works nights, the patient delivered during the day), the charge nurse told her that the patient she admitted the other night specifically praised her for the way my wife handled her husband, because nobody ever talked to him like that. It was then that she found out who he "was." She didn't care.

·
Registered
625 Posts
When my ex was working security at a pub, Andrew Johns came up and asked "Have you seen my brother?" She looked at him, and said "Who are you?"

Put him and his big ego right in his place.
Thanks for the link, or I woulda said, "Who's Andrew Johns?" I was thinking you misspelt Andruw Jones (another ball player).

I can understand why a lot of these ball players have huge egos, most of them displayed prodigious talent early in life, and basically their whole life they were put on pedestals.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Did you read the whole Johnsy article? He got fired last year. Ouch. It's funny, because as Australia's top rugby player, he made a million dollars. A million dollars! Probably the same amount as an NFL waterboy...

Slightly off topic, check youtube for The Footy Show. Matthew Johns is the talented one in that family.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts