Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was supposed to do a group ride this morning and "graciously" bowed out. I'm pretty much a fair weather rider and make no bones about it!.

I got a txt a little bit ago from one of the guys I was supposed to meet and he said, and I quote

" I didn't realize that was a WSD you were riding :)"

He ALMOST shamed me into riding but...it was a fail on his part :cool:

It was to be a 10am roll.

Attachments

·
Recreational and Utility Rider :)
243 Posts
Ride when YOU want, who cares what some group thinks, that's why my wife and I "DID NOT" renew our membership in the local bicycle club!! Got really tired of others telling US, that we don't ride fast, enough, hard enough, etc. We RIDE for FUN, not to be a part of group, JMHO, YMMV.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Sometimes I ride in bad weather, usually in good, but only when I want too.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
They still trash-talked you, you just didn't have to endure it. Screw 'em, let 'em ride off a cliff.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Actually, I'm well-known for riding in to work most days. But days when I've got appointments across town or I've got things to bring in, well, I drive. And there is nothing like an FUV commuter walking past my desk, noticing no bike, and saying, "Chickened out today?"

Man, they chicken out EVERY DAY!

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, I take it all in good fun! It's what motivates me to get out for the next ride. I have no real goals, aspirations or expectations of or for my riding. I ride mainly for exercise, fun and
comradery!

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
One of many reasons I can't join a group LOL

·
1,200 Posts
lol i though i was new and in "hardcore" mode for a while. but i have to say smart decision on passing that ride up!! lol i would have got blown into the next county feet still trapped in toe cages

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I gota say I love the fast(er) group rides when I'm tuned up and in shape. The whole thing about this post was the joke about the WSD which refers to a women Trek model bike. At this point in the riding season it would have ended up a nice solo ride for me but I'll catch'm before long...well I'll be able to suck their wheel anyway :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts