Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I took a fall yesterday, minor cuts on my right leg, only scratched up the QR lever and a light scuff on the seat.

However when I stood up, dusted myself off and picked up my pride my rear wheel had a slight deflection in it (already fixed at the shop) and my rear derailleur wasn't shifting the same as before. (I fell of my left side so the derailleur didn't hit the ground to my knowledge)

If I ask for one gear down most of the time it's no problem but if I ask for two or so shifts up it might give me one, it might try two. It's kinda of a guessing game and towards the end of my ride today it started jumping up and down on its own with no input from the shifters.

Could it just be dirt on/in the derailleur or is something out of wack that needs adjusting?
It is a shimano sora derailleur. Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Industry_Hack said:
Tight when on the smallest cog, or largest?
Ah I see, didn't think about that. (facepalm). Should it be tight or just as much tension as I can get with my bare hands

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Industry_Hack said:
There should be no slack when on the smallest cog, otherwise you won't be able to lift the chain to the largest one.
I see, thanks I'm gonna wrench on it a little later. Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts