Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past year I picked up a new hobby of reconditioning vintage road bikes. Started with a 1987 Raleigh Technium 440 12-spd, then a 1979 Schwinn Le Tour IV 10-spd, and this winter I tackled a 1975 Motobecane Grand Touring 10-spd. I installed a new pair of Michelin World Tour tires but have not yet been able to get a ride in. Really looking forward to spring! This beauty really shined up nicely. The bike shop I bought this from did not have any background on this trade in. The only thing I can see is that it was originally licensed in Fargo, ND. I wonder what the bike season is like there?

image-10337480.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I did get out for a short ride on Saturday. Without a cycle computer it was hard to tell if I was getting good speed for my work. Ordered a wireless unit from Nashbar as soon as I got home. Stopped by the LBS on my ride and talked to the guys briefly. The owner showed me an old Klein he thought I might want to take on for my next project. Thinking it could be as early as a 1978 or 1979 based on components. Got any opinions?

Campy headset, crank and seat post; SunTour Superbe shifters and front derailleur, Huret Jubilee Racing rear dérailleur. Notice there is no bracket for a down tube shifter like what you see from Klein Performance frames from the early '80s.

image-2012983597.jpg

image-3604128326.jpg

Attachments

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
Man that's a beauty love the blue on it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts