Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Reese Outfitter bike rack. It has the threaded hole for the bolt to attach to the hitch. I would like to get a threaded locking pin to fit this rack. I understand that there are many designs and types of threaded locking pins. Any answers anybody?

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Yup, sorry for the short reply, I may have been using a touchscreen which I save some trouble with.

Anyway, a lot of Thule (not sure exactly which ones) hitch mount racks come with them. Not locking but a 12(?) mm threaded bolt with cotter pin.

I have seen them online that lock, give www.rackattack.com and www.rackwarehouse.com a look-see.

Not affiliated with either company, but have been happy with both but slightly more satisfied with Rack Attack.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the reply.And there's the problem, my threaded bolt is not metric. It's a 5/8. Thule only uses metric bolts. I'll try your web site recommendations.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
You could get a long bolt and drill a hole in it for a lock maybe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking that , but I think that would allow the bike rack to bounce around and the pin would be to big to fit through the threaded hole side.I think the threads stablize the rack.I need to get a threaded rack lock that fits a 5/8 thread. thanks again. Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts