Richmond bike path complete

Discussion in 'Virginia Bike Forum' started by bmohan55, Sep 10, 2015.

1. bmohan55

bmohan55 Senior Member

Wife and i road it last weekend. Still need some signage but it is a wonderful and scenic ride! Took it from Richmond to Williamsburg (just to the Chickahomany, not into Jamestown) and back for 84 miles.

Not been on here for a while but i have been riding...getting ready for the Richmond Grand Fondo.

Also will be volunteering all week at the Wold Championships...course marshal so "stay behind the line!"

here is a pic of the trail coming into Richmond...after 75 miles the long downhill was a treat!

To anyone coming in for the races I highly recommend trying out the path.

Attached Files:

2. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

I'll look for you! I took all week off for the event and had intended on volunteering but the only jobs left were trash pick up...I'm soooo ready for it !

3. fpl1

fpl1 Well-Known Member Tavern Member

Looks like a sweet MUP. I'm jealous you guys will be at the world championships. Hope it goes well and Richmond comes off well. I had wanted to get there but I'll be riding at Hincapie's place in South Carolina as my birthday present. Couldn't pull off both.

4. bmohan55

bmohan55 Senior Member

I signed up for second shift which is done between 4 & 5pm, I say we meet a Poe's pub, have a beer then "race" up Libby Hill!

5. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member