Rickshaws?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by funetical, Oct 6, 2009.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Anybody ever try driving a rickshaw? I was thinking about one to cart the wife in kid in.

2. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Ummm, no. But a pedicab would be cool. I took my first ride in one this past summer in Denver.
    [​IMG]

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

What does that cost? I guess rickshaws are the things you run in front of right?

4. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

That would be OK if I could get the wife to do the pedaling:cool: :D ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  5. hophead

I suppose cost depends on the city. The one we took was free. You just gave him whatever you felt it was worth.

6. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I want to purchase. Just wanted to see if anybody had used one and what their impressions were.

7. hophead

I've never pedaled one, but it was cool riding in one.

8. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

You could probably hack one together if you had an old bike you could test on. Have any welding skills? Would make a good HOWTO thread.

9. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

That sounds good, build your own!!!

10. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I am functionally retarded when it comes to DIY. My brother's a welder though, so maybe if I ask him nicely (buy him beer) He'll draw somthing up and put it together. He lovs my daughter and wife so it's a possibility. I'll post pics if I can, he's got one of them fancy Camera phones.

11. Wildbill

Wildbill New Member

I did it for work in London last year and it was not as hard as some people think. I made good money and had fun. It would be good for your family but hard on your knees when you do it for a living.

12. Wildbill

Wildbill New Member

I have been told to make a proper rickshaw you need to build a jig to hold the frame in place while you weld the bike and if you dont the bike will not be balanced and will not ride right but if it is just for fun it may not matter.

13. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

That makes sense.

14. ZeroCab

ZeroCab New Member

We are a brand new hungarian rickshaw manufacturer and have just finished our new models and would like to introduce them to you.

Unique shape, composit materials, 60 kg, TÜV certification.

http://aeroplastico.hu/riksa02.html

Attached Files: