Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to post this, I rode with a couple of these guys last year and I still get ride re-caps from them and this just made me laugh!

(AP): Ron Skinnador noted Cat 4 racer took his game to the mountains of Virginia. Skinnador is the local flat land legion who frequently spreads his terror on the local AARP laden bike clubs and weekend fitness rides vowed to bring his game to the western part of Virginia. During a pre ride reconnaissance he frequently commented on “what’s da big deal”.
The multiple stage event also featured several AARP card carrying members including the Hill gang and Rocket Lee the Huffman.
Stage one started at Devil’s Backbone for the 5.5 mile assent to the parkway. Skinnador confidently trash talked the whuppin he was about to put on over his pre race meal of a bud light and BBQ pork sandwich.
It started out as usual with Skinnador dropping to the back for a human factor break then sprinting to the lead. He confidently attacked early. Then it happened. As the gentle incline started to become other than gentle, Skinnador came back to the peloton. The Huffman put on his sneak attack and it broke into two groups. Marci Hill lead the chase group which included Skinnador. She later commented that Skinnador began a series of profanity laced tirades that forced her to attack from the verbal assault Skinnador was putting on the mountain. She lost sight of him and decided to do a completion stop at the entrance to Wintergreen. Skinnador joined a time later. Here he tried to talk her into a tactic that included turning around, getting into the truck and driving to the top.
She forced him on and said get on my wheel I’ll get you to the top. It worked fairly well until she started suffering the effects of hypoxia due to Skinnador sucking all the oxygen out of the air. Skinnador pulled off. She tried to encourage the ssup but he stopped anyway. That would be repeated two more times.
Skinnador eventually made it to the top but was a non factor for the rest of the race. He did show a few examples of his flat land prowess by attaching on the downhill’s as long as he didn’t have to turn. The rest of the group appreciated this since after they blew past him on the way up the regroup times were somewhat shortened. The Huffman also commented on his tremendous bike handling skills stating, “I never saw a dude ride so slow without falling over”. The Huffman finished in yellow, green, and polka dots.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well I wonder if this ride of the immortals could be done on the spin bike they keep advertising on Tv. It's a Pro Form I think that is tied in with google maps and from the sound of it might be tied into the local weather. Wonder how close it would get

·
717 Posts
Nice write-up!

It's tough leaving our area (flatland) and heading out there. I was quite humbled in the New River Gorge area during Bike Virginia. While walking my bike up one of the mountains I overheard someone say "I've never met a hill I couldn't walk up"

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
That is funny! Love friends who take a ribbing as well as give em out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts