Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helping a friend who is working with Gloucester county to organize the 2cnd annual Ride the Dragon. They have asked Andy to create 3 rides. A 25, 50 and 100 mile ride with a couple of requirements passing a few designated spots throughout the county. I'm going to go help him work on a couple this weekend, sounds like it should be a good time!

Ride the Dragon 70 Mile Route - A bike ride in Gloucester, VA

Last year they only had a 30 mile somewhat disorganized ride. This year will include T-shirts, sag support and who knows what else. The general design of the T's should be pretty cool!

This was from the first Ride the Dragon - http://www.gloucesterva.info/Portals/0/tourism/documents/RidetheDragon.pdf

·
717 Posts
got a date yet???

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometime early October. Nothing firm yet that I am aware of.

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
415 Posts
Jeff,

I'm interested in riding.. Sounds like a good time...

Mark

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeff,

I'm interested in riding.. Sounds like a good time...

Mark

I think there is going to be a pretty good group showing. I know lotsa the guys from Yortown ( From Back Alley) are coming up and some of the animals from the Williamsburg Bikebeat are making a showing.

Let's do it !

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice update! What a lucnh :)

Lunch Options for Ride the Dragon
Because the bike event is part of the Dragon Run Day, lunch will be a little different than traditional bike events. When you register in the morning, you will be given a voucher for lunch and when you get back to Thousand Trails, you have multiple options for what to eat. The Krusty Krab and Thousand Trails are both serving meals. You choose from the selections below what you would like for lunch. A la cart items can be purchased on your own from them and/or a third vendor who is selling coffee and desserts. Start salivating now and think how good the food will be after an invigorating ride!

10 Choices including seafood!
· Fried shrimp, hush puppies, slaw, fries & drink

· Fried clam strips, hush puppies, slaw, fries & drink

· Fried fish sandwich (fresh Talipa), hush puppies, slaw, fries & drink

· Crab cake, hush puppies, slaw, fries & drink

· Pork barbeque sandwich with slaw, baked beans, chips & drink

· Italian sausage on hoagie roll with grilled peppers, onions, chips & drink

· Greek salad & drink

· Hamburger, chips & drink

· Hotdog, chips & drink

· Smoked turkey leg & drink

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Down to the last few hours, bike is ready. The new cleats are on, Garmin mount replaced, Garmin checked and charged, GU and essentials packed, cooking a batch of steel cut oats for breakfast, yup think I'm purty much ready fer another hundered and THEN the Brews and Blues to follow in the afternoon! Gonna be a good day! Oh and moma is working the 50 mile feed stop :) I'll be leaving those leg and arm warmers wit her :D

Unfortunately one of my best riding partners is work'n the SAG wagon for the day for Williamsburg - Monticello Marketplace - BikeBeat Bicycle Shop | Williamsburg | Newport News | Virginia Beach | Hilltop, VA

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Looks too clean to ride! Which Garmin do you have? I'm thinking about getting one.

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have an older 305 but I really like it and until I are rich famous and can afford a powertap I don't need anything else :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Real quick, done with the century and trying to hurry out the door to Brews and Blues. Kinda disapointed my avg was 18.3 mph. I started with a VERY fast bunch and at one stop used the head and when I cam back they were gone. I rode 32 SOLO miles into a headwind the killed me....Caught 2 others and fell into a good pace with them and had a one minute pull time that worked very well, easy to stay fresh !

·
Two skinny J's
21,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice! I'll take 18.3 all day long.
Yea....but I fell short of my goal :hate: RWGPS says I made the low side of my goal of 18.5 but I had hoped for better...

Not trying to make excuses but the solo riding in the wind really hurt me.:eek:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts