Ride

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Burr, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Can we talk about our rides?

It stopped raining for two days!!

Old man had a nice 20-mile ride!

Got to the cemetery about 6:30am in the pickup, not in a hearse with both bikes. Had to air up all the tires got my wife going then got all my crap on and away I went.
    My wife’s nick name is “shade tree”, she goes from shade tree to shade tree and today she did good and made a few blocks between texting and or talking on the phone but she's out there with me and trying.

I did 10 miles around the loop then stopped for Gatorade and a rest then did the other 10 miles. Keep my heart between 120-138 most of the time and was back to 70 in 10 minutes after reloading the bikes. I averaged 13 mph and ran a nice 66-rpm’s.
    I feel great and I hope it is not raining Thursday so we can ride again. If not I’ll use the trainer in the carport.

Life’s great, glad I got up today and look forward to tomorrow.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  2. bantam700

bantam700 New Member

My last two rides were races, I finally gave into a friends nagging and tried it. Did a race both days of the weekend. Saturday I had no idea how fast everyone would be going at the start so I gunned it, I looked back and noticed I had made a gap between myself and the peloton. My ego took over and I tried to keep the lead instead of falling back to the group so I attacked a climb. After about a half mile I had completely exhausted myself from riding like a moron and was promptly passed by all but one guy.

Sunday's race went better, but after a couple laps I fell off the back of the main group and was stuck out on my own and ened up wearing myself out fighting the nasty wind.