Rides during the week?

Discussion in 'Trail & Ride Reports' started by MrJSaul, Sep 8, 2009.

1. MrJSaul

MrJSaul New Member

I'm new to Austin and noticed that there are only a few rides on Saturday and Sunday only. For as many roadies that seem to be rolling around I'd have thought for certain there there would be more rides during the week. Are there some that I dont know about? Wanna start some?
    Josh

2. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

When you say rides do you mean events or just general meet-ups?

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

There everywhere. Now that school's back they start up in full force.

4. MrJSaul

MrJSaul New Member

I mean - just general group rides. Like the ones where everyone meets up at a store and rides together for a few hours somewhere. The shops around here have mainly said there are some but only on Saturday/Sunday. Looking for some riders during the week. Am unfamiliar with the area as i jsut moved from Atlanta...

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Right on. I don't know about that but good luck.

6. Biker

Biker New Member

Are you at UT. I know they post rides on campus bulletin boards.

7. poopiehead

poopiehead New Member

****, is this a strictly austin tx forum? my ohio ass is in the wrong place . . .

8. Engyo

Engyo Bent Newbie - old rider

In Houston there is a group on Meetup.com which rides on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:30 until ~8:00 or 8:30. The group is partly sponsored by an LBS, and starts from their parking lot. The LBS gets some additional business, both last-minute type stuff and then group loyalty. There is usually a fast and a slower group, and these are no-drop rides.

You can certainly start something in your area - most likely there are others who would like to ride with you. Best if you can find a meeting place close to good riding areas - a MUP (multi-use path) or local park where people already ride, or else areas with reasonable amounts of traffic on the roads in the evening.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  9. Doohickie

Doohickie Older than Hack

The place is a little Austin-centric, but I don't think it's overly so.

I get my rides in during the week by commuting to work.

10. cowboycharlie

cowboycharlie New Member

Try Meetup or Craigslist to find local gorups.