River Ride

Discussion in 'Virginia Bike Forum' started by storksb, Sep 28, 2014.

1. storksb

storksb New Member

2. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

I've done that severAl times but not this year. Had a MTB trip to Warrior Crrek planned that weekend as well as the Richmond Gran Fondo but had to change them for a trip to New York instead.

3. storksb

storksb New Member

When you did the River Ride previously what type of turnout was there? Currently less than 100 people showing registered for the entire event.

4. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

It's never been but so big and now it conflicts with the Fondo. Pretty sure there were much more than 100. They also changed the start location if I remember correctly. It been a couple years since I have ridden it.

5. storksb

storksb New Member

41 registered riders for the English century so far. Expecting a low turn out.

Also it doesn't help that there are no route maps posted online, only a mapmyride course that I can't find a way of downloading to export to my Garmin.

6. storksb

storksb New Member

Well the numbers creep up, will be interesting to participate in a ride with such a low ridership, should be fun either way.

As for the gps files, I emailed the ride organizers and they sent me over gpx files for 3 of the 4 routes, including both the English and metric centuries. If anyone wants a copy please PM me.

Simon