Road Bike Riding on a Trail Bike

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Skidmark, May 30, 2010.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Cycling for life

Thats what I am calling how I am riding my Specialized Crosstrail. Its basicly a trail bike with high pressure tires. Riding on low traffic country roads. Some are dirt, pavment, not so good pavment, sections of sidewalk (never walkers), etc. I love to get it up to 15-17 mph with he cadence high and just enjoy the evening. Thats how I have been relieving my daily stress lately.

2. smgordo13

smgordo13 New Member

I do a lot of the same type of riding on my Crossroad. Works well for it.
    I have a set of road tires I throw on it if I know I am staying on pavement and it ups my speed drastically. I can actually keep up with some of the road bikes when I am on the road tires.

3. whitey818

whitey818 New Member

I have converted my old Univega mountain bike for commuting and light trails also. Threw on some Kendra Kwest tires and ride it every where, eventually need a rode bike but for now this has been working great till my distances start increasing past 20 or so miles round trip.

4. Skidmark

Skidmark Cycling for life

My crosstrail has tires that can be pumped to 85 pounds. Big time fun and a change of pace from the road bike.

5. Packerbacker

Packerbacker New Member

I just completed 54 miles on my 20 plus year old Timberline mt bike with knobby tires. I trained for 2 months on this bike with the exact same set up as I used for the event this past Sat. I dont think I cudv gone much further on this bike it wasnt the worst but my back hurt lol Next year is 75 mile but think will look for a road bike any suggestions? I live in the country bumpy roads lol

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011