Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a large guy, 260 lbs/6'2, and was wondering if anyone out there could recommend a good saddle for a person like me. My bike has a great saddle on it, but it is super thin (made for competition riding). I can get about 15 miles and then I have to stop for a few minutes. I am considering a Terry Fly. Any ideas?

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Sella An-Atomica has come out with some new Clydesdale saddles I have an older Clydesdale not the same

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,550 Posts
I'm about 300lbs now and the regular Brooks B17 is the best saddle I've ever ridden on. Right out of the box it was great. You can usually find them on sale for $100.

·
Registered
3 Posts
deansteelerf said:
Thx to all for the advice.
Try the Specialized Romin in a 155. When you first see it you'll think I'm nuts but it is great. I'm your same size and ride this same saddle. Also I can not stress this enough buy high end bib shorts! Best for the money are Sugoi R'S bibs, they will make a difference!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx again to all. I will keep these all in mind. A friend here in AL recommended the Terry Firefly. I found one on eBay for around $60. I figured for that price, shy not give it a try. I let everyone know how it does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts